Sunday, October 21, 2007

Nothing but the Best, For Me!!

Hi all,

Well, as most of you know by now, I have the best of the worst. The worst, of course is the cancer. The best is the DCIS. That's it, that's all I have. Nothing invasive. Do you know what that means? No Chemo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That deserves far more exclamation marks than I could even put on this blog!! I am so happy about that.

So...surgery went well. I'm in pain under my arm. I've stopped taking "the good pain pills" (vicodin) 'cause they make me feel loopy. You know, it's bad enough being "blonde" without being loopy on top of it! LOL!! I expect I'll go back to work on Wednesday. I'll just take it easy. You know, I can always blame my asthma for not feeling well. That's the good thing about having two life threatening diseases, eh? If ya wanna lie about one? Just blame it on the other.

I'm not gonna lie, Friday was, by far, the worst day of my life. There was nothing pleasant. I won't go into details but I'm going to say that weeping and howling from the pain of the pre-op "stuff" would be accurate. In fact, if my dog had been present he would have started howling with me, I was so loud.

But...on to better things in the future. As I said before, no chemo. I do have to have radiation. I'll let you all know more about that later but, as I understand it? I get little dots of tattoo on my boobie and I'm pretty sure I'll have to turn these dots into something fabulous when this is all over with.

Ok, back to bed, for me. My joke is that I haven't spent this much time in bed since my honeymoon. ROFL!! I know, I know, not my best joke but, c'mon people. Give cancergirl a break, here, eh? I'm coming off of some good drugs, here. It's Sunday night so I have to watch Desperate Housewives and Brother & Sisters. It's been wonderful having my sister here for this ordeal. She's been a God-send just holding my handing and laughing and crying with me.

I have to thank so many of you for sending the many many e-mails wishing me well and the phone calls. I really needed that and y'all came through.

Oh yah, and I did make Kim watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with me. I fast forwarded to all the "good parts" and made sure she enjoyed them and, where possible, sang along with me. Sing it with me, People!!

Oh you pretty Chitty Bang Bang, Chitty Chitty Bang Band we love you. And, in, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang what we'll do...near far in a motor car o what a happy time we'll spend, Bang Bang Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, my fine four fendered friend, bang bang chitty chitty bang bang our fine four fendered friend, our fine four fendered chitty chitty friend!

G'nite everybody!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy
never saw you, never met you. But I heard what wonderful family you are.
As I could read you handle this shit in a very good way.
Whish you all the best and looking forward hearing some very good news......
Sorry about my bad english but I`m a german:.)
Guido

Susan said...

Hi Sandy:

I work with Judy and have followed your story. Congrats on the good news!

Anonymous said...

YEA, SANDY! Congratulations on the good news. We're at your back all the way, just knowing the radiation will be a breeze.
Also seeing Andrew get through this with ease.
Love you! Ruth

Holly said...

great news sandy!
(I'm a friend of Judy's)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandy C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy said...

Look at all my friends getting in here before me to say nice things....geez, they're making me look bad...LOL!!! You must know I was ecstatic when mom called with the good news. Thanks for keeping us in the loop! You must also know I love you to bits!!

Say hi to Kim for me and tell her how sorry I am for her that she had to endure Chitty instead of the number one all time movie, Sound of Music.

...and one more thing....who the hell leaves a former drug addict to self medicate themselves...no, I'm not talking about you...Justin...you know..Bros and Sis's!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy,
I'm so glad to see that you're back, humor and all!!!
Love, Robin

Unknown said...

Dear mummy,

I am ever so glad to see that your surgery went swimmingly. I can only hope for your continued success in your fight against cancer and the grim reaper known as asthma. Fight the good fight cancergirl.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy

Hope you got the e-mails sorry if I rambled and got emotional.

I'll follow your blogs.

Hope you are feeling better today

Sending you happy thoughts

Susan at Sun UK xx