Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!

We don't, generally, celebrate Valentine's Day in a big way (rhyme) but I just thought I'd start this entry by saying it.... especially to all "my boys". I love you guys!!

Well, I didn't have a great few days. I was in more pain on Monday and Tuesday than on any previous day. Still....it's much better than the nausea so I feel silly even mentioning it. But...it was quite debilitating. My feet and hands got really tingly and I had these horrible shooting pains through my legs. It felt like lightening bolts. As I said to my mom, if it was in the same spot every time I could expect it and be prepared but no, it just happened randomly in all different parts of my hips and legs. All of a sudden there'd be a jolt through my legs or hips and I'd jump and yell out in pain. It was so bad that I actually asked my mom & dad to cut short their trip to Orlando to come stay with me. Andrew left for Europe (Paris and then Dusseldorf) and I really needed someone to be with me. For those of you who know me you know I must have been in dire straights to ask this of them because I have tried so hard not to be "needy" through this whole thing.

They're so wonderful, my parents. They've come to every single chemo and continue to support me. My mom calls me just about every day just to see how I am. I use it as my time to really think about myself and think about how I am because other than that time? I don't want to think about it. Does that even make sense? Anyway, my mom and dad came on Tuesday just to sit with me. They just took over and made plans for dinner. That is so wonderful because the last thing I wanted to think about was what to eat. My dad bbq'd some amazing steaks and my momma cooked some beans and made some fried potatoes (you know, left over potatos fried with onions). mmmmm. And...I could actually taste the food! Seems that about day 5 after chemo my taste buds come back. Then, my momma stayed with me over night. So sweet! (My dad would have stayed but we don't have a very comfortable guest bed so he opted to go home).

Then, they came back on Wednesday evening with dinner! Are they perfect or what? Oh! And get this...my mom has never watched American Idol and after spending just two evenings with me? she's hooked!! Funny thing though. Last night they announced who made it to the top 24. I had Tivo'd the show and they were just about to announce the last girl....big buildup....and my tivo stopped!! It missed the last few minutes and so we still don't know who made it. We were freaking out! It was really funny! So now I have to tell my mom when American Idol's on so she can remember to watch it. ROFL!! Another addict!!

So, today I feel much better. Slept like a log last night. I love when Andrew's away that I get the whole bed. I just sprawl right out over the whole thing. I mean, I don't love that he's away - especially since today's Valentine's Day and all, but I do love sprawling. LOL!!

That's all for today. I go to the doctor this afternoon just so they can check my white and red blood cell counts. They've been low in the past but not low enough that I have to "do anything" about it. I don't, actually, know what "do anything" means and, as long as it doesn't happen? I don't even care. I don't want to know.

Have a great day, all! and....Andrew....

Happy Valentine's Babe! I wouldn't choose anyone else to go through this roller coaster of life with (dangling participle - I just had to say it, you know...so you know that I know but I typed "I wouldn't choose anyone else with whom to go though this"...and that sounded stupid so I'm just leavin' it...oh god!! I'm so freakin' weird!!!). You're my best friend and always will be! (and I know you're weird so you are now singing Queen's song ohhh you're my best friend...ohhh you make me live - I know you are 'cause you, my love, are just as weird, if not weirder than me!!) We were meant to be and I love it that way!!

TTFN!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That last paragraph was like 90% inside parenthesis (probably some sort of record, but who knows I think I'll ramble on as long as I'm inside the parenthesis to create some sort of ironic humor. You know you love it). Anyways good to know CC and Papa got ya thru those bad days, keep on keepin' on. Love ya.

Judy said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you my dear and of course all the handsome men you hang around with!
Oh, and give your mom and dad my love!! I'm so happy they've been there for you through this whole thing.

Love your "lovin' Andrew" paragraph!!