Monday, December 3, 2007

Happy Monday!

As you can see, still no picture of my bald head. We have the technology - we think. It'll come, it'll come. I must say, though, my head isn't actually bald, yet. It's still a very short buzz cut with some bald spots. It's a little uncomfortable in that it's kinda spiky. I can't say "I can hardly wait till I'm completely bald". But...I would like to be more comfortable.

Had a quiet weekend. Friday I went to an insurance appointment in the morning and my Neulesta shot in the afternoon. Wore one of the wigs - I must say, not that comfortable. I actually don't mean this physically. Physically it was fine but I kinda felt like a fraud. Hard to explain but I don't think I'll be a wig girl, much. I've ordered some hats that, I think, will make me more comfortable.

Got an exciting report card from Kevin. Straight A's!! Woohoo!! Way to make a momma happy, Kev!!!

Saturday and Sunday were quiet. The chemo knocks the crap right out of me. I don't return phone calls and I don't do much on the computer. Just too tired. Saturday Andrew & I went to Walmart. I had to get all new makeup. They taught us that at the class I had gone to. Apparently, because the immune system is so very low? Even makeup can be hazardous so I had to learn how to "not double dip" the brushes and sponges and had to get new, non-contaminated makeup. Weird, eh? Then, Andrew got the Christmas lights up outside. Very pretty. Makes me so happy inside. Mom came over and made some of her wonderful beef stew. Perfect for the days when I can't eat much and Andrew and Kevin can just heat it up on the stove and eat when they want. We'll have that tonight for dinner.

Sunday brought some big nausea with it. Yuck. Sunday also brought some sunshine. Jeff and his girlfriend, Chanel, came by for a visit and dinner. Chanel had gotten some frightening news about her grandma so Andrew and I figured she could use a home and some hugs. It worked equally as well for us, too, so I think it was beneficial all around. I ended up sleeping a couple of hours while they were here but they both love Christmas movies and they just quietly watched some tv while I rested. We had a good laugh at dinner. Kevin mentioned how he felt that my head is really small. Then, everyone's looking at my head saying how small my head is. It was really funny. We're all looking in the dining room china cabinet reflection laughing about my head. You'll see when I post a picture. I have a cute, small head. Very funny!

So now it's Monday morning. I'm still exhausted and a little nauseous. I can handle the tired but the nausea? again. yuck is all I have to say about that.

Boring little post, today. I'll get a picture up soon. I just want it to look decent so I have to get up the energy to put on some makeup and with these new techniques to keep the makeup non-contaminated, and not double dipping it's a little frustrating. I'll probably get it done tomorrow.

TTFN!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wohoo, first post. First off, congrats to Kev, finally figured out that a little bit of effort goes a long way in H.S. like me and Jeff figured out Freshman year. You're right, kinda a boring post. Sorry about the nausea, hope you feel better. Love ya.

Unknown said...

I meant first comment, not first post.

Anonymous said...

Just think, Sandy. Two weeks down! And you don't have a foot of snow like we do! I had to chip an inch (no exageration!) of ice off the car this morning.

As Monty Python say ....
Always look on the bright side of life!

xoxo big hugs and kisses
Karen

Anonymous said...

I am not surprised that you look cute bald....can't wait to see the pic...saw a lady at a store the other day with a short spikey cut...VERY COOL and I thought how nice it would be for you to do that to your hair when it grows in. Not a punk rock kind of spike..hard to explain..i'll have to get you pics when the time comes....
proud of you girl....
Afrodite

Judy said...

Can't wait to see a pic. of you! Don't you have big ears like me...hmm..I must have got those from dad's side..lol!!

I know it doesn't help one little bit but I am so sorry that this is making you feel so crappy.
...and I've told you before...your posts are never boring!

Anonymous said...

Hey, baldie girl! How could you even have DOUBTED that you'd be cute without hair??? Probably highlights your cute little girlie nose - which you've pointed out to me enough times over the years! I keep trying to imagine myself without hair - with ears like(satellite dishes like mine, and no pesky hair to get in the way, I bet I could tune in Chicago on a clear day! :)

Congrats to our Kevvie boy - way to go! And I can't wait to see Andrew "sans cheveux" - bet he's a hottie. I'm so glad you have Mom and Dad down there with you, and your boys to light your days. I'm very proud of all of you, you're just handling this so beautifully -it says so much about the family and what a source of strength you all are to each other. You guys are definitely doing something right.

Sending love and healing energy every day - love to all. Kim

Soooo sorry to hear about the nausea and fatigue - that really sucks, honey. I know you can do this, though; it'll stack the deck so far in your favor, it'll be worth it in the end.