Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm Off to Canada!

Canada And scared shitless that it's so cold Tongue up there that I'll end up having an asthma attack and have to come home early.

I gotta tell ya, cancer's one thing. I mean it scares you and you think you'll die and the treatment sucks and the chemo brain is horrible but, mostly, it's over. Asthma? I always have to be aware. Is there a breeze? Is it going to dip below 60 degrees? Is anyone smoking in the near vicinity Cigar ? Is there a fan on Snowstorm ? Is there someone close by with perfume on? All these things set me off and more. I'm always watchful.

The worst thing is leaving a building. There's no smoking in the building so people smoke right outside the building. I have to hold my breath but I have asthma so holding my breath for any length of time is near impossible. It's a daily thing.

In my job I go on home visits. I have to ask if they smoke prior to going. If they do, I have to meet them somewhere or give the sale away to someone else. They always say "well, I won't smoke when you get here" or "we only smoke outside" but that never works. The house is full of smoke "debris" if they smoke inside and if they smoke outside, invariably it does end up inside. At least a little bit. Ugh! What a pain in the ass. I have several friends who smoke and I can't even go to their houses. So, what I'm trying to say is that I'm not actually scared of smoke for this trip but I am scared of the cold. Snowstorm I don't think I said that clearly but that's what I'm trying to say. LOL!!

I'm also not looking forward to driving in snow. Snowplow We haven't done that for seven years and when we did we had a big 'ol Suburban to plow us through. We're renting a smallish car that, I'm pretty sure, won't "plow" through the snow.

I also had to try to find clothes to wear. I had to buy a bunch. Shoot, truthfully, Kevin never wears long pants. He's a shorts and flip flops kinda guy. He had to rummage up some pants that would fit. And boots Snow Boots ? We don't have any. Mitts Mittens ? Nope. Hats Hat 4 ? Nope. OMG!! Do you think I could whine any louder?!! ROFL!!!

Anyway, I don't think we'll do this again....but we just had to go for Andrew's mom's 80th birthday. Birthday Fireworks Just had to. And...I am looking forward to seeing everyone up there! Yay!!!!

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Dinner and I'll post in December.

TTFN!!
(could you guess that I found a smiley place? LOL!!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, maybe a little overboard with the smileys. adds some flavor tho so i gotta say i like it. can't wait to join you in the great white north.

Holly said...

look out sandy -- it's downright frigid up here! I'm with Scott, um, smiley overload? HA HA HA!