Monday, June 23, 2008

We're Coming to Canada!

Well, the whole clan isn't coming to Canada, but Scott and I are. (is that a dangling participle, again? shoot! I'm bad with those, eh? It's not, though, is it?)

Andrew wants to go to Europe. He asked if I wanted to come. I said "yes....can we bring Scott?". Then I got to thinking that I just want to go home. Then, I was talking to my mom and my dad got on the line and just hearing his voice made me homesick and I started crying and wanted to come home. So, I asked Scott if he'd rather go to Europe or Canada for the two weeks and he said Canada so? Here we come!

It also means we're leaving poor Jeffrey here all alone! Oh well, we need someone to take care of the dog, right? ROFL!!! OMG, I am the meanest mother, ever!!

Ok, so update on all my stuff. I went to a different Physiotherapist. I've, actually, gone to her before for back pain. She's helping me with my back pain and giving me pointers on all my hip stuff so that's all good. I have another Mugga test (the heart test to make sure the Herceptin isn't damaging my heart) next week but I'll be in Canada so I'm going to have to try to get that in this week. Hip-wise, my pain is quite minimal. I do have so pain but it's not unmanageable and I'm not going to let it keep me down. Back-wise, I'm in quite a bit of pain. Thank goodness I'm going to Canada. I can pick up a bunch of Robaxicet (I think it's a muscle relaxant/pain reliever - whatever it is, it helps me and it's over-the-counter in Canada so I want some). That's all healthwise.

Kevin-wise? Scott and I took him to school on Wednesday. We got him moved into his room and got him some groceries. We thought he was getting a room with a kitchen but when we got there? No kitchen. Good thing we took the little dorm room fridge for him. He's pretty particular about what food goes into his body so he wanted a kitchen. I guess he'll have to rely on the cafeteria and try to work with that. It's, actually, a really nice cafeteria so he should be fine. Anyway, he was having some troubles with his computer and wanted more milk and juice and, well, the truth is, I wanted to see him before I go gallivanting around the world so Andrew and I went back on Sunday to visit him. Well, you know, on Wednesday? I didn't cry when I left him. I was fine. Sunday? Cried for about 15 minutes after we left him. This sending your kids to college thing is hard!

Oh, also, on Thursday I got my hair coloured. It's too "one tone" so I'm having highlights or lowlights added on Wednesday.

Oh! I never talked about our trip it Orlando, did I? Oh well, I'll just say it was nice. Great, really. But, I have no more time to chat. I have so much to do before we leave. And...when we get back I only have three days between Canada and Donny (I mean Vegas - Donny isn't actually until the Monday night) so I really have to get a move on and do all the things you have to do when you go away for a few weeks.

Have a great week, all! I'll update when I get back from Canada or Vegas. Whenever I have time.

TTFN
OMG!! Exactly 4 weeks til I see Donny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Candance said...

We're coming to Tennessee!!! That doesn't sound as cool as we're coming to Canada, does it?

Have big fun and make sure to post pictures of the hair!! I just love cute hair!

Anonymous said...

Hi - Hadn't caught any entries in about a month, so I really enjoyed a good "read" today.... You and I have covered most of this stuff on the phone, but I gotta say, the pics really enhance the stories! Good Lord, your giant boys doing the Captain Morgan pose on the beach, and in the girlie tops at Penney's. You must be one proud mama! :)

I'm SOOOO excited about you and Scottie coming to see us soon - we definitely need to go for a tour of the wineries. Last time we did that, I "sampled" so much, I couldn't feel my nose and had a terrible yen for ice cream. But what the hell, you only go around once, right? Damn the torpedoes, girl, let's go!

(Aside to all of Sandy's readers: funny, when I asked her if she wanted to hike a nearby gorge, she felt her hip pain would flare up. But when I suggested winery-hopping, she felt well enough to make a day of it! Hmmmmm, wonder how much those hips hurt when it's time to vacuum the house??? Heehee, she's a bad one, our Sandy!)

Seriously, though, glad your hip pain is getting better. See you SOON! Love ya bunches, Kim xoxo

Anonymous said...

See if this works!!
-Mom