Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm Home :(

I came home early - Sunday. I looked at what the weather would be bringing and it seemed to be more of the same. Cold (for me) and wet. That would mean staying in the hotel room all day. In countries whose English TV shows are either the BBC or CNN - neither of which interest me. In very, very small hotel rooms with no room service.

I did have some fun in Paris, however, thanks to Sandra and Herve. Herve works with Andrew and Sandra (pronounced Sondra) is his Swedish girlfriend. Can you say cute? Both of them! Cute as buttons. There's Herve with his French accent and very good looking. And there's Sandra with her Swedish good looks and an English accent. If they weren't so nice I would hate them!! ROFL!!

Anyway, Thursday nite we went out for dinner with them. It was a lot of fun. Sandra and I definitely "bonded". She's only 23 but it was one of those rare times when you feel like you've met a kindred spirit. We decided we would spend Friday afternoon together people watching and shopping and drinking Kir Royale. Turned out to be a sucky day weather wise and I decided I'd better not go. It was raining and shitty. I went next door to a patiseree to pick up some lunch and I go the best Quiche I've ever, ever, ever had and an amazing, amazing, amazing chocolate eclair. OMG!! To fricking die for!!

That evening we went to Moulin Rouge. Everyone enjoyed it. The men liked the boobs. I loved the dancing. I think Sandra liked it all. We smiled all the way through. Then we went out to an Irish Pub and drank and danced the night away. Literally. I think we got in at 4am. It was so fun!

Saturday afternoon Andrew & I went to Notre Dame Church and then L'Arc de Triomphe and then we wandered down Champs L'Esee (spelling?) for a while. It was nice. We went out for dinner later. Quiet dinner. We were a bit melancholy knowing I was leaving the next morning and wouldn't get to see Amsterdam and meet Mike and Ania.

So...I'm home. Had some great flights. On time and not crowded. I got three seats all to myself for the 8 hour flight so I layed down and slept and watched two movies. Nice. Jeff & Chanel picked me up at the airport. So nice to come home to such warm and loving hugs. I love those two!!

I don't really know how staying home alone is going to be. Last night I was very nervous about being in the house all alone so I put a chair against the bedroom door. I was still a little nervous so Andrew said I should lock the bedroom door and put a chair against it tonight. I think that will work. That and some Tylenol PM to knock me out. LOL!!

Well gotta go. Need some food in this house and to restart the mail and get money to pay my dog sitter.

TTFN!

No comments: