Monday, September 29, 2008

One Year

Yesterday marked one year (at exactly 5:30) since I found out I had breast cancer. What an anniversary to remember, eh?

It started the end of one existence and the beginning of another. A new norm, I'm told. I'm now part of a club no one wants to be a part of.

I went for my follow-up MRI a week ago and go for my mammogram/ultrasound on Wednesday. To say I'm on pins and needles waiting for the results would be the ultimate understatement. I'm terrified. And no one can say - oh don't worry, it'll be fine. If you do, I'll come through the computer and strangle you. It's just time I'm going to have to pass waiting for the results.

Just pray for me and send your angels my way.

4 comments:

Holly said...

I think I have enough air miles to send one angel your way. sound good?

ps. it'll be fine -- hee hee!!! I dare you to come thru the computer and get me!

Unknown said...

angels?? really?? ugh, fine i'll put beliefs aside and send a prayer up to big G.

Susan said...

My "anniversary of diagnosis" is tomorrow--October 2, 1990. Every year I wish I didn't remember...but every year I do. It sucks, actually. (boom de yada!)

Candance said...

I can't even imagine, so I won't say anything other than good luck and I have my fingers crossed for you. I'll even say a little prayer at devotional for you tomorrow at work. By then, hopefully God will forget that I said two cuss words in the chapel today and it will carry more weight with him.