Sunday, October 5, 2008

Uh Oh.....

I haven't been very truthful in my writing in that past week or two. I've been hiding results from my testing. Mostly because we were trying to "protect" our boys. They're away at college and I didn't want to scare them with "maybe" information. Then, I decided that, firstly, I think they wouldn't like that I was keeping things from them. That's never been something our family has done and I don't want to start now. And, secondly, if the cancer is back/still there, how would they feel getting a phone call with that news but no build-up.

Here's the news. Remember, we don't know anything yet.

I went for my MRI a couple of weeks ago. The found a small 5 mm spot where my scar is. They also found an enlarged lymph node. I went in for my mammogram this past Wednesday, fully prepared for a biopsy. Once again, the mammogram didn't show anything. This doesn't surprise me. I had quite a large tumor the first go round and it didn't show up in the mammogram . After the mammogram they did an ultrasound. They didn't see the "spot" on the mammogram but they did see and showed me the enlarged lymph node.

The follow-up to this is a full body scan and then to biopsy the spot with the help of an MRI. I don't really know how they do this so it'll be interesting at the very least. So, the body scan is on Wednesday. I have the appointment for the biopsy the following Tuesday but they're hoping to squeeze me in this Thursday.

They are very concerned with both the enlarged lymph node and the spot. Needless to say, I am losing sleep over this. I know I complain about work but I really really want to work this selling season. It's going to be a big money making season and I just want to work and make a shitload of money. I also don't want to lose my boob or go through chemo again or lose my hair or have cancer ever again. Period. So this really does suck. Then again, if it is cancer? Remember what my reward was the last time? Donny!! Well, they're still in Vegas so I'm thinking that could happen again, right? ROFL!!!

I'll keep everyone informed as the results come back. We'll probably do the phone chain thing for immediate family and Aunt Ardyth and Judy and everyone else can keep informed via this blog.

Pray for me, peeps!

ttfn

6 comments:

Bridget aka Bee said...

Hi Sandy. I got to you blog from Holly's. I just wanted to let you know that I will be thinking of you on Wednesday, and hope that you get some good news.

Hang in there!

Holly said...

I second that... no point in worrying too much until they say time to worry. (hmm, was that ANY help at all?)

Anonymous said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed, Sandy. Boobs are just globes of fat, Sandy. Better to have no boobs (and have them rebuild with absolutely gorgeous new upright boobs) than to have boobs with lumps.

I'm thinking about you! xoxoxo

Karen

Cancerfuckingsucks.blogspot.com said...

my results were good, sandy--so i hope that the same will be for you! we have so much in common, after all--and our names rhyme in a happy way! so blessings to you!

Maddie and Sydney said...

Hi Sandy, I've been reading your blog through Holly's blog too. Please know that I'm rooting for you. I love your positive attitude and sense of humour. Good luck on Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

I will continue to pray for you as I have been.

Afrodite