Thursday, October 9, 2008

Waiting and Weird.....

The waiting is obviously for test results. I had the PET scan yesterday. Here's the weird. Get this. When I was finished I had to sign a form saying I wouldn't go near small children or pregnant women for 48 hours following the test. That's how much radioactive material is running through me. How weird is that?

OK, here's another weird. I took Duffy to the vets today. He has little lumps under his chin. The vet is now testing him for cancer of the lymph nodes. Duffy and me. Two peas in a pod. And he doesn't even like me much! ROFL!!! So, obviously, we're waiting for test results on him, too (Monday afternoon).

I have my biopsy on Tuesday morning. Apparently it's quite painful so I'm going to ask for some good drugs to get me through. LOL!!

Oh, and just for more weirdness? It was Andrew and my 30th anniversary of our first date on Tuesday. That means I must have dated him when I was a baby!! ROFL!!! Nah....I'm proud of my age. That's one thing that cancer changes. Anyone who laments about being a year older can suck it. You should be glad you're a year older. I can hardly wait till 46 and then 47 and on and on till I'm 90!! Ok, you may not think the 30th anniversary thing is weird but my comments after it more than make up for it, right? Did that make sense. I have a cold and a headache and I'm going to bed now - 5 pm!!

g'nite everybody!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you! Love you Huge! Karen xoxo