Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Excitement!

Wow! Did we have a good weekend!

First off, all my kids are home for the summer. Yeah!! I love when my kids are all home. I'm just crazy about them. They make me smile and laugh. They must have gotten some good genes somewhere (me!).

On Saturday, we all went kayaking. Chanel (Jeff's girlfriend) came with us and so did Christy and her husband, David. That kayaking's a lot of work, man. My arms still hurt today from it. Anyway, it was worth it. We kayaked from Honeymoon Island over to Caladisi. Caladisi is the #1 Natural Beach in America. It is so beautiful over there. Untouched. We wandered along the beach (me with cane and going slowly and not very far) and then just hung out in the water. The water must be about 84 degrees right now 'cause I didn't have a hard time getting in. We played in the water and then Christy and David had to go. The rest of us took off in the kayaks. We were in one of the inlets and we saw two manatees! I did not expect that! Then, we saw three dolphins! It was really amazing! Great day!

Then, that night, Jeff, Chanel, Andrew & I went and played some pool. We chose songs on the jukebox and had lottsa fun. I don't think I'm improving but, still, it's fun.

Sunday was Mother's Day and I got a lovely necklace from my boys and a "spa day" from Andrew. The present from the boys was more exciting than I can even say because, well, let's just say that I've been disappointed in previous years.

Then on Monday night I went to a meeting for the Relay For Life that's coming up on Friday. I was asked to be a speaker in the opening ceremonies!! Cool, eh? I'm going to try to do something light and funny yet moving all at the same time. We'll see if I can pull that off. Speaking of Relay For Life....peeps? I really need some donations. I'm not asking for a lot. Just $10 each. Please? I'm begging, here. You Canadians can donate, too. Here's the link to donate. I would really appreciate it!

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeFloridaDivision/993905809?pg=team&fr_id=9693&team_id=173135

Also, anyone in the Tampa area - the Relay is at Tampa Bay Downs and I speak sometime between 6 & 6:30. I would love some support so if y'all can come out and see me I'd love it.

On the hip topic, I'm going to physio three times a week for the next four weeks. The Physiotherapist is confident that I should be pain-free quite quickly. Now that's some good news. I'm still confused on the whole thing. The doctor said not to walk (like, go for walks, go to the mall and wander etc..) but the physiotherapist said he's overstating it and I can do these things but with a cane. I'm very confused. I think I'm going to go for a second opinion. I didn't like that doctor and felt that he was very dismissive. The good thing with him is that he's near my home and does surgeries at the hospital that's close to me. The other good doctors are all 1/2 hour away and don't work out of the hospital close to me. Oh well, I need someone who will hear me. I don't need them to be my best friend, or even nice. I just need them to listen to me and explain things to me. So...second opinion here I come.

I have to go write my speech. Wish me luck!

TTFN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! A day on the water does wonders for the soul.

I'm glad you are speaking at the Relay for Life. It will give you some practice for your book tour and your motivational speaches that you are going to do up here in Toronto! You just let me know when you think you will be ready, and I'll get a tour routed. Then I'll get corporate sponsorship $ to pay for it! I love that part!

Jeff & I will definitely get down to visit you sometime this coming winter. I wish you lived closer.

xoxo Karen

Judy said...

Good luck with your speech...I'm sure you'll be fantastic!!! I'm so proud of you!

Unknown said...

i gotta one up ya so im goin streaking across the stage w/ a sock on my dong while ur speaking. :)