Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Bearer of Bad News - Again

Well, I really wanted to post a positive note today but....I went to see my surgeon today and I don't have any good news to post.

It seems I don't have a "good cancer" after all. I'll post it good news, bad news:

Good News

- The lump was smaller than they thought. Only 1.5 cm

- The lymph nodes were clean

(wow! that was a small section, eh?)

Bad News

- 40% of the lump is invasive

- It is full of something called HER2 - a very aggressive form of cancer

- Because just one very aggressive cancer cell my have gotten loose and into my body and growing at this very moment, I have to have fucking Chemo!! This means I also have to have a fucking port which is something they insert in my chest so they can insert the chemo poison easier. Nice and close to the heart so it'll circulate the poison quickly. Great.

- Then, I have to have fucking radiation

I really have nothing funny or cute to say. There's been a ton of crying in our house tonight.

I'm sorry we didn't call everyone on this one. We just can't. I'll update my blog sometime this weekend. Hopefully I'll be in a more positive frame of mind but right now? Well, when I went in for my surgery they gave me some really good drugs. I'm supposed to use them for pain but tonight? I'm just going to use them.

G'night everybody.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey kid I didn't sleep a wink last night thinking about you. I can't even imagine how your feeling. Boy that f_ck word realy feels good when your angry doesn't it!!!You know I'm just a phone call and a two hour flight away!!Any time any day I'm there. Just keep thinking of your wonderful family and fabulous friends(Deb) and Bahama Momas!!!