Friday, October 5, 2007

Fearful Friday - not so bad

Wow, I can't believe this. I wrote an entire post and it "disappeared" WTF!!!

Here I go again. I'm really sick of this cancer shit.

Cancer Talk

Went to the surgeon today. The results weren't horrible. Pretty good actually. There's no cancer in my right boob. That's good. The only cancer in my left is what they've already seen. That's good, too. So, I'm scheduled for surgery on Friday, October 19. They'll do a lumpectomy (also known as a partial mastectomy). They'll also check to make sure it hasn't spread to the lymph nodes. During the surgery they take out the mass along with a small surrounding area. They make sure the surrounding area is "clean" and that's it. If it's not they try again. If it's not again, I believe they then do a full mastectomy. That would suck.

After that, I wait three weeks and then I start radiation for six weeks (weekdays only - I get the weekends off - see? there is rest for the wicked).

That's it for the cancer talk. The only time I want to talk about it until surgery is if I'm using it to get things. Like this: me lying on the couch, vegging, and probably in that annoying whinny voice I can use: "Andrew, can you get me a pop?" him "No, you're closer." me: "You won't get cancergirl a pop? Ohhh!!!" So far it's worked. Not sure how long that'll last!! LOL!!

Other Stuff

Scotty's home for the night. He came home just for me 'cause if he didn't come home tonight I wouldn't see him till Thanksgiving. That is way too long, for me!! I didn't even use the cancergirl thing on him. He just knows I need to see him and besides, he can get his laundry done. LOL!!

My men have gone to the gym. I'm here waiting for the TV Guy to finish. We're getting some new, improved service. Most importantly, we're getting new phone service so we can actually carry on a conversation without sounding like we're in a tunnel. What a concept, eh? Unfortunately, we have to change our phone number again. Jeez! I haven't even memorized the old one, yet! In fact, I don't know my own kids or Andrew's cell phone numbers. God help me if I lose my cell phone. I wouldn't be able to reach anyone. But...get this...I remember my phone # from when I was 5 (453-1124). Weird eh? Oh, I also know my parent's in Florida but that's not helpful 'cause they're not there. I also know Bobby Orr was #4 (it rhymes) and Matts Sundin is #13 (because he was born on Feb 13) and Donny's birthday is December 9 (so is Mark Derksens).

So!! There you have it. My number knowledge!!

Ok, enough!!! Here's a link to a hilarious mom - take a look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXT6Hs113ZA

G'nite Everybody!! (yes that was from the Donny & Marie show)

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

OMG you're playing the cancer card...I should call you Lynette :o)
Whatever, I'd do it too! Hey I remember my number from when I was 4 yrs old: 305-572-0324. But I can't remember my last cell phone number. Isn't it weird? See, you can't blame that on the cancer...teehee.