Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday Night

It's Friday night and I'm now sick of wallowing in sadness. Now? Just hoping I have a great looking head. I might make Andrew shave his head with me - you know - that unity thing. I've always thought bald is sexy on a man so this is my chance to see if he'd look good that way. It's just hair - it'll grow back, right? teehee - ohhhh I'm so evil!!

OK, people. This is a really great excuse to get an Ipod. Woohoo!! I mean, I can't possibly go through chemo without an Ipod, can I? Seriously!! So....I want input. Everybody send me their 5 favourite songs. Showtunes, ballads, hard rock,heavy metal. Everything. Just send me your 5 favourite songs.

So far mine are:

Love of my Life - Donny Osmond & Jim Brickman
red red wine - UB 40
Ain't no other man - Christina
Good Mother - Jann Arden
Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield
Release Me - Wilson Phillips
Lord is it mine - Supertramp
Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen
Paradise by the Dashboard Light - Meatloaf
Someone to Call my Lover - Janet Jackson
Dreamlover - Mariah
I Love you Always Forever - Donna Lewis
Beat Goes On/Switchin to Glide - The Kings
Saturday Night - Jay Cooper
Rappers Delight - Sugarhill Gang
Motown Song - Rod
I Want you - Savage Garden
Up - Shania

I know, that's more than five but...it's my blog - Na Na Na Boo Boo!! OMG - I'm so mature!! If you want to list more, you can.

I want you people to know that for those of you offering to come down here? I'm seriously going to consider it. I go back and forth. It would be good to have the support while I'm sick but it would be great to have people when I'm better, too. Janice and the girl's weekend? Great idea. Shelley cleaning my house? What's better than that? Deb making me pies and goodies? Wow! Can I even say no? So...I'm just sayin'.....I'm thinking about it and don't be surprised to get a phone call asking y'all to come.

That's all for tonight. Andrew's bringing home Chinese food - yeah!! He & Kevin went and worked out. I miss working out. I was actually enjoying it so as soon as my armpit pain goes away I'm going to start going again. And just think....I could work out to my Ipod music when I get one. I like using this Cancergirl thing to my advantage. teehee!! So, Everyone send back their top 5 picks so I can start getting together a good selection of music for....Chemo. (listen when I do the ".....chemo" thing? you have to, in your brain or out loud go bah bah bah bah...chemo in a really deep voice, ok?)

G'night everyone!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy,
I'm sorry chemo is required; @#%^&*! (No words to express how much that sucks.) Jim and I saw Kevin at the ice rink tonight. He looks great; all muscles and manly!
Here's my 5 songs:
1. Lyin' Eyes-The Eagles
2. Walk This Way-Aerosmith
3. RESPECT-Aretha Franklin
4. I Will Always Love You-Dolly Parton
5. Satisfaction-The Rolling Stones

Hang tough and keep the humor flowing! Fondly, Jill

Unknown said...

Ok, first of all, I don't think dad shaving his head is a good idea. He's got the salt n peppa thing goin on already so if he shaves it would it grow back all salt? Also, he gets a burn on the bald spot so he would be in deep trouble if he had that goin on all over his head. Just a thought. Now for the songs, just a few I've been listening to a lot lately and you might actually like a few of them;
1. Your Guardian Angel - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
2. Misery Business - Paramore
3. Not an Angel Yet - City Sleeps
4. The Suffering - Coheed & Cambria
5. Rockstar - Nickelback

I really think they're solid choices and usually you wouldn't like my stuff but I'm feelin' good about these. Drop me a line, I think I'm comin' home next week.

Holly said...

ipod all the way - it will definitely help you zone out when you need it most. My songs may not be your style either, but I like them because they inspire me to sing, groove or just give me energy - whether they are a fast song or not...

1. Apologize (OneRepublic & Timbaland)
2. Stronger (Kanye West)
3. Hey There Delilah (Plain White Ts)
4. Dancing (Eliza)
5. Me & U (Cassie)
6. Goodbye Earl (Dixie Chicks)
7. The Queen & I (Gym Class Heroes)
8. Golddigger (Kanye West & Jamie Foxx)
9. Numb (Linkin Park)
10. Yeah (Usher)

Jeff said...

Hey Mommy! I'm sorry about the chemo...that's really upsetting. Here are my 5 songs for you:

1. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
2. Sweet Child Of Mine - Guns N Roses
3. Say This Sooner - The Almost
4. Rooftops - Lost Prophets
5. Forever - Papa Roach

There are a few songs that I would put above those, but I'm not sure how much you'd like them, so I figured I'd take 5 songs that I really like and I think you'd like (and I had to throw 2 amazing Classic Rock songs on there).

I'm assuming I'll see you sometime tomorrow (or, technically, later today) to drop a car off to me, since I need it for Monday morning. If not, I'll be home for part of next weekend because I have my post-op for my toe on Friday morning and I was thinking of spending all day Saturday at home.

Love you,

Jeff

Anonymous said...

ehem.

1) Best of my Love - The Eagles
2) Straight to Hell - Jay Cooper
3) Lonely Man - Jay Cooper(he wrote that for me!)
4) Baby Baby - Jay Cooper (he wrote that for me too!)
5) Born to Run - Bruce Springstein

Karen xo

Anonymous said...

By the way, it's a good thing I semi-retired from the booking agent thing. I don't GET the music today! We DJ with it, but I really hate the screamo, emo, and all the 'Timba' stuff. Can't anyone do a song on their own anymore??? Justin ft. Nelly ft. Timba ft. Furtato etc. What?? Need someone to hold your hand to sing a song? I don't get it!!!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy
My choice of songs are:

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
The Only Way Is Up -Yazz
Love Shack - B52's
The Colour Of My Love - Celine Dion
Voodoo Child - Rogue Traders

Sending you best wishes from the UK

Susan x