Monday, October 15, 2007

I'm Baaack!!

Wow! What a trip! I went to Paradise Island for the weekend and it was great. Got lots of sun, too much drink and more fun than I can put into words. It was Debbie's 40th birthday (such a baby, still!) so seven girls went away to celebrate. Atlantis is more beautiful than I thought it would be. We stayed at a Riu right beside it. The Riu is all-inclusive so we did most of our eating and drinking there and then went to Atlantis' nightclub. Expensive? Wow! Deb had a Cosmo and I had a rum & coke and my bill came to $25.00. I decided that was a little ridiculous so I switched to water. $8.50 later I decided I might as well just have a real drink. I'll post pictures when I get them. I didn't take a camera (again) so I'm relying on Debbie's friends to send me some. I must say, we looked good!! Seven blonds on an island sure can get a lot of attention! LOL!!

Back to the real world. Boo!! Hiss!! Too bad we all can't just live on Paradise Island for the rest of our lives, eh?

I'm gearing up for my surgery on Friday. My sister Kim's flying in on Thursday at noon so I think we'll have some fun Thursday afternoon - I'll probably take her to Frenchy's on the beach. I love it there. She's staying till late afternoon Monday. It'll be nice to have her here for some sisterly support. I'm sure Andrew could use it, too. I'm going to make her watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with me. I think I'll also make her watch Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat starring my personal dreamboat, Donny (no last name necessary - he turns 50 this year. Maybe that damn wife of his will think he's too old, kick him to the curb and he'll come get me....ohhhhh!! What's that Supertramp song? Dreamer? LOL!). What a lucky girl my sister is!!

I'm setting up a phone chain. Some people will get phone calls, others will get an e-mail.

The phone call people are: immediate family (including Aunth Ardyth, Judy and Aunt Mona), Deb, Rathmann's, Christy & Whitney

E-mails will go out to: Rick & Helga, Dianne, Janice, Barnes, Dave McE, Audra, Ruth, Jimmy, Mary, Tom, Bethie, Boardmans, Bohns, Steens, Kirsten, Nancy Weir, Trevor Johnson, Steve Levine, Nancy Wilder, Halls, Reeves, Heather, Bev, & Andrew will post a note for A,V,K &Y.

Does that sound ok to everyone? Let me know if I've missed anyone and I apologize, in advance, if I did. I probably won't write again until next week, after the surgery - Sorry Scotty!! I know you love my blog entries and check on a daily basis. Maybe I'll just call you everyday to "chat, chat, chataroo". LOL!!

Work's starting to pick up and I have so much to do this week to prepare. Thanks for all the e-mails and phone calls. I have some amazing family members and friends. Makes me feel so loved which is really, really nice right now. Man! I'm craving a Pina Colada! Can you become an alcoholic from 3 days in Paradise? ROFL!! Have a great week and keep praying for me!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sandy ... I guess it is good to hear that the surgery is scheduled, if that is ever a good thing? I am sure you will kick this thing. You have no choice, really, because we all need you to stick around for a very long time. I'll call this week ...

Love, Hil

Anonymous said...

Sandy, I am so glad that you had a great weekend in Paradise. I can't wait to see pics if you post them.
You know that I'll be sending positive thoughts your way ......
Afrodite