Tuesday, October 16, 2007

In the Middle of the Night

The phone rang at 2:08 am last night.
I answered and it was Scott.
That can't be good, I thought.
The only calls you get in the middle of the night from a kid away at college?
-
-
-
-
-
-
Mom, I'm in jail......it wasn't that, though
-
-
-
-
-
wait for it.....
-
-
-
-
-wait for it.....
-
-
-
-
-
keep scrolling....
-
-
-
-
-
He said....
-
-
-
-
-
"Mom, I just finished a poker tournament and won.....
-
-
-
-
-
-
$5,200"!!!!!!

Can you believe that? My son won $5,200 in online poker!! He came in fourth. A professional player came in third. He had to win another tournament just to get into this one. Wow! Notice I said "my son". I know that it must come from my side of the family 'cause I've watched Andrew play online poker.......trust me. It comes from my side of the family. ROFL!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Man you totally ripped me off, it was a $6200 cash. Thats a lot of money to just disappear through and phone call.

Unknown said...

By the way, I just realized that you changed the background to pink, very nice.

Sandy C said...

Thank you Scott Bradley! You're the sweetest child! I'm excited that you noticed. As I'm sure you guessed, the pink is a ode to beating breast cancer. A symbol, if you like.