Thursday, October 18, 2007

Excited and Scared

That would describe how I feel right now.

Excited - My sister's coming!! My sister's coming!! Poor girl's flight was delayed which made her miss the connecting flight. She was supposed to be here at 12:30 but won't get here till 4:30, now. That means she's been sitting in an airport all day. Yuck. But....I'm so excited to see her. She's one of my eight favourite people on this earth and, since I live with five of the others, you can only imagine what this does to my heart. And....I got to see Deb last weekend, and I get to see my momma in three weeks, so other than having cancer this is a really great month!! LOL!!

Scared - Well, that would be obvious, right. I had two asthma attacks yesterday so I had to go see the anesthitist (sp?) to see if I could actually have the surgery tomorrow. Yes, I can. So...it's a go (that's a rhyme right thar, y'all!). I bought myself some post-surgery bras (TMI??!!) and some pretty jammies so I'm all set.

Hmmm....I've been thinking. Can I still call myself Cancergirl after the surgery tomorrow?

Ok, gotta go. I have to change the sheets on the bed Kim will be sleeping in and do some laundry and then go pick her up, then pick Jeff up at school and then come home. My anesthitist said I can't drink tonight. Party Pooper. He was asking questions about my drinking. How much per week - it's important for the surgery, he said. I'm like, well, I went to Bahamas last weekend and drank nothing but alcohol - do you mean that? He didn't, although he thought it was funny. Called me a Bahama Mama. teehee!!

OK, folks. That's all for now. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wohoooo, I cracked the top 8 person list. Now I need to find out just how high up the list I am ;).

Judy said...

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, as I have been every day since you told me. I'm so glad Kim's going to be there with you. Love you!!!