Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Doctor Visit

I went for my radiation yesterday and got to see the doctor. I've been having a terrible pain in my hip which I am, in my canceritis mind, sure is bone cancer. The nurse seemed concerned and asked if I'd had a bone scan done. No, I have not. She said that because it was in a spot that I could pinpoint it is of concern. Then the doctor comes in and I mention it to him and he doesn't seem concerned at all and seems to think it's just residual pain from the chemo. This all confused me so I'm going to make an appointment with my chemo oncologist and insist on a scan 'cause this is making me crazy. Every single little pain I think is cancer of the "whatever". Ugh!

Also, another "new thing" is that some of my nails seem to be starting to fall out. How fucking gross is that? Another chemo side effect. I just thought that, since chemo is done and over with, there would be no more chemo side effects but the doctor yesterday explained that these drugs stay in our system for a very long time and the side effects also last a very long time. So you see how much farther down the nail is on the second finger? It can actually lift off all the way down to there. I'm quite worried that this could make me susceptible to a fungus of some kind. It's happening on two other fingers too. Gross.




That's all for me. Typing is starting to hurt with these three weird nails. That's all I need is to not be able to type. Worse yet would be to not be able to play internet games!! LOL!!

TTFN!
3 months and 27 days till I see Donny!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, sweetie -

The indignities of chemo seem to go on and on...... But in the big picture, it's just nails and hair. The real priority is killing off all those f***ing cancer cells, wherever they may lurk, so we can keep you around til you're a very old lady! All warriors sustain scars - then they show them off with pride, to demonstrate how strong they were. We women get so hung up on appearance - on this one, men have us beat. We should be proud of our stretch marks, and crow's feet, and such. They tell the stories of the struggles of our lives, which in the end are the things that shape us to become who we are. The hardest things we do, are our biggest opportunites for growth, and ultimately grace. I've been working on that one recently myself (50 is less than a month away) - can you tell??? :)

Love you. Kim xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi:

I found your blog a few weeks ago from the Y-Me site. I truly have found a connection with you. Your honesty, fun-spirit and positive outlook are very inspiring.

I am a bit further along in this breast cancer journey than you. I just finished 35 treatments of radiation last Tuesday. I was diagnosed on September 7, 07 and had 4 rounds of A/C over 12 weeks. My last chemo treatment was on December 14. I just wanted to tell you that you are going to be celebrating your last radiation treatment before you know it and now that your hair has started to come in...it will grow faster than it ever has. I'm shocked with the amount of hair I have!

Oh, and regarding those emails...I couldn't agree more. I just got another one tonight warning to never drink water out of a bottle that has been left in a car. It actually said that this is what caused Sheryl Crow's breast cancer! Arrgggh!

Hang in there sweetie and know that you will be in my constant thoughts and prayers.

Hugs!

Laurie

Unknown said...

Man your in the biggest club ever. I agree with aunt kim except in a more boyish way, scars are badass. Not so sure about crow's feet and stuff but hell you have tattoos now ur a regular delinquint, enjoy it. Just more material for your book and mine (inside joke others may not understand).