Sunday, March 30, 2008

What the Doctor Said....

I went to the doctor on Friday morning. My momma came with me. The doctor has ordered a bone scan which I will have on Thursday. She said that bone scans can show cancer and arthritis along with other things. If the scan doesn't show anything, they'll do an MRI because something is obviously happening in that bone. If the scan does show something they'll do an MRI to see what it is. So...I guess I'll be going for an MRI after the bone scan. LOL!!

Anyway, I just want to know what it is. My mom told me that we have a lot of arthritis in our family. I really don't think that's what this is because it's not in a joint and I thought arthritis happened in joints. I don't really know. Kim, you want to weigh in on this? Kim is my sister and she is a nurse practitioner and my resident "doctor". Whenever I'm confused on something I call her to clarify. She turns 50 in 3 weeks and 3 days so, as you can see, she's MUCH older than me. ROFL!!!! Don't worry, Kimby, you're still one of my favourite people in the whole wide world!! (although, after this I'm not sure she would say the same about me ROFL!!!)

I got really mad at Andrew on Thursday. I thought we had agreed that, when he goes away, he will only go away for 10 days at a time. You see, by day 7 I start missing him (and visa versa, I think) but by day 10? My heart just starts hurting I miss him so much. So when we were talking on Thursday he said he was going to a hockey game in Germany next Friday. I'm like "How can you do that? You're coming home on Wednesday." He informed me that he's not coming home until Saturday. GRRRRRR! I was so mad!! Then? On Friday morning I got home from the doctor and this was on my doorstep:









Well, I'm still upset but not mad anymore. How can I be mad at him?









I have to say that I just don't know what I'll do without my parents when they head back to Canada. They are so wonderful. A couple of weeks ago, my mom came to radiation with me. We went out for lunch first. It was so nice! I didn't even know I was in a "funk" until I spent time with her. Funny how sometimes our moms know what we need and we don't even know ourselves. So this week both my mom and dad came to radiation with me on Thursday. We went out for lunch first and then on to radiation. My dad came back to see the machine. The girls who operate the machine were so nice and explained lots of "stuff" to him. Then on Friday my mom came with me to the doctor's appointment and to radiation. Then on Saturday, Kevin & I went over to their place for dinner (the best roast I have ever, ever had - he BBQ'd it and it was to die for - well not literally, but, well, you know!) and Kevin helped my dad trim their orange tree. I just love these people so much! I really don't know how I would have gotten through all this without them. They went to every single chemo appointment with me and called every day just to touch base. I love you mom & dad!!

Hey! What's up with no one sending me cards anymore? People!! I need cards! Send them!! Also, I would like to know who the heck's reading my blog. I know that my kids and Andrew read it. My sisters Kim & Karen. Judy and Holly and Susan and a new girl Laurie. Afrodite, Nessa, Shelley and Stephanie, Hilary and Christy. Who else is reading it? Just go into the comment section and say a little hi. You don't have to sign up, you can just do an "anonymous" post but make sure you add your name to the end so I know who it's from. I'd really love to know.

I think that's all for now. I'm going to have a quiet day. I have a few books that I want to read (thanks to Holly for putting suggestions on her blog) so I think I'll spend the day on the lanai reading. Kevin's gone to do his volunteer work. We have a program here in Florida. It was originated to keep the "smart kids" in Florida for College. If they get a certain grade point average and SAT score they get 75% of their tuition paid for. If they get a higher grade point average, a higher SAT score and do 75 hours of community service they get 100% of their tuition paid for and $300 per semester to help with book costs. Jeff and Scott both got the 100% (yes, I am bragging, here) and Kevin will get it (more bragging) but has to do the community service part, still. He's working at the Humane Society and is really liking it. I told him he cannot bring a dog home. CANNOT!! He seems to have fallen in love with one of them already. Too cute!

OK, I'm off to read.
TTFN!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, there -

It's your much older sis Kim - just wanted to thank you for notifying the ENTIRE FREE WORLD that I will be 50 in less than a month. Gotta say, seems only fair to me that if you get to "rub it in" in public, you at least owe me a truly wonderful gift when the big day comes! :)

Really enjoyed our long chat on the phone today - I miss you so much, and just want to give you a big fat hug! And to see your little baldy head sprouting hair, and your little chubby cheeks when you smile..... Love you bunches, and I continue to be SO proud of you for your strength and humor in the face of all this shit. (Mom and Dad's too, and Andy and your boys....) Nearly there, girl, keep on putting one foot in front of the other.

I'll be thinking of you this week, as you do the bone scan etc. I'm sure it will turn out fine, but it'll be good to put those worries to rest. Love ya bunches. Take care. Kim xoxo

Judy said...

Well after that amazing comment by your fabulous sister, what the hell can I say except I love you and I'm in awe of you...and yes, dammit, I'll send you a card..geesh..lol!!!
Next time you guys get up here to visit I'd love it if you, Holly, Susan and I could get together. We'd have a blast!

Holly said...

I'm here! :) lol...

yes, it's great having parents near by - they always know what to do or say.

funny about me and the books. I used to be such an avid reader but then dropped out of reading for a bit... obviously I'm hardcore again! Jump ahead to the River Wife. I'd love to know what someone else thinks of it. Yes, kind of sad but the writing just draws you in!

Holly said...

HA HA HA...
Judy and I yapping on your comments at the same time.

Anonymous said...

HI Sandy,

Joanne Hall here. Just wanted to respond to your question about who is reading your blog...? I am...
xoxox

Anonymous said...

Hey. Just KAREN, your SISTER. Who doesn't care to have her age plastered all over your BLOG. Get it?? ha ha

Besides, you too will be 50 sometime FAIRLY SOON, so I wouldn't be putting jabs in unless you expect us to retaliate! HA HA

xoxo

Karen

Sandy C said...

Hey! I'm only 45 and will ALWAYS be soooo much younger than you!! Listen, you just have to think about it this way - I was still poopin' in a diaper when you were potty trained. Now, doesn't that make you feel better?! ROFL!!!

Susan said...

Ohhh--now you have to come here to visit! It would be so much fun to go out with you and Judy and Holly!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy this is Helén from Sweden
hope to see u in May to watch stockholm marthon -Nora is running we will just cheer and have a few GTs.
Hang in there! Hugs from Swedish team =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sandy, I'd love to send you a card and naked photos of myself, but I need your address...please forward to my email
afroditebou@yahoo.com