Monday, March 3, 2008

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Well, what a weekend!

First off, on Friday night, we all went to The Melting Pot for dinner. It was Andrew & I, the three boys and Jeff's girlfriend, Chanel. We had so much fun doing fondue. You start with a cheese fondue, move on to the meat and veggies and then on to chocolate. Yummo! Lots of fun and laughs and it was so nice to have another girl for a change. You should have seen the two of us. At the end the waitress came over and asked if we needed more food for dipping and our eyes lit up and we requested more bananas and strawberries. We ate till there was no more! LOL!!

Then on Saturday, Andrew and I had some errands to run and we invited my parents over for dinner. The day was going wonderfully well and I even commented to Andrew about what a difference a week makes. Last weekend I was in pain and he was jet lagged and this weekend was sunny and warm and both of us feeling great. My parents arrived for dinner and we were all just sitting around doing various things. Kevin and Scott had been out "at a friends" all afternoon and they came home and came directly over to me. They had some weird looks on their faces. Like the cat who just ate the canary. Kevin had been acting strangely in the past few days. I had even commented to Andrew while we were out about how weird they were acting and that I hoped they weren't out buying drugs or something.

So...there I am questioning them about what they had been doing and it hit me. Kevin got a tattoo. Sure enough...this is were the bad and ugly come in...he had. Now, listen, people, I'm not against tattoos. They're all right. I don't really get it, but, whatever. But. I must say. #1 it's different when it's your kid doing it. #2 this is one big ass, fucking tattoo, ok? Did I say ugly, yet? Well, that might be overstating it. It's not ugly but it's just way too big. It's our last name written in scroll across his upper back. It's huge. I think it would, actually, have been pretty nice if it was about half the size. Well, anyway, I started crying and screaming at him. It was not a pretty sight. The boys were shocked that I reacted that way. I don't know what they expected but they were really surprised. Well, surprise!! I'm not "the cool mom".

Anyway, the reason I was so upset is because I had been lied to. The previous day Kevin had borrowed my car to take something up to his friend. He said it was for a school project. I actually helped him map out how to get there on mapquest! I asked him why he did this behind out backs and he said it's because "we didn't support him". Fuck! Bullshit! My ass! We had had a few conversations about him getting a tattoo and I had said we would talk about it more when the time came. I also would have liked to check the place out to make sure it was clean and I would have liked a little bit of "a say" in it. It really would be a decent tattoo if it were smaller. Oh well, it's his body. Again. What-fucking-ever. That's all I have to say about that.

Sunday was again a nice day (other than the fact that Kevin was wondering around with no shirt on because he had to keep some ointment on the tattoo). Mom and Dad, Andrew & I went to the Florida Strawberry Festival and saw Alan Jackson. He was really good. Oh! we also saw racing pigs. It was so funny! And we ate. A lot.

Well that's it for me. I go to the radiation doctor on Wednesday so I'll post more after that about that.

TTFN!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Gotta give credit where credit is due, big kev manned up thru that thing and didnt make a sound or move an inch. It was an absolute fiasco when you found out though and you turned on me before I even knew what was goin on. Good thing I had CC to come to my defense, more props due there. Also, you don't know this but I asked kevin if he was sure he wanted to do it more than a handful of times. Just kept on saying, dude this is permanent you sure? A small defense for myself, thats all. Love ya.

Judy said...

Ok, can I just say it was nice to read about Friday and Sunday and just skip that whole Saturday "incident"? lol!!

Can I just ask though...if you're going to get your name tattoed on your back why not also add your phone number...then when you're drunk and face down somewhere people will know where to call to return you? :-)
Sorry, couldn't resist! Sandy, you can remind me of this in 20 years when there's a chance I could be going through the same thing...I wouldn't find it at all amusing either! Sorry Kevin!

On a much happier note are you going to see College Road Trip this weekend simply because your pretend celebrity boyfriend is in it? He's probably doing a lot of interviews this week leading up to it...don't miss them!!!

Unknown said...

Previous comment is just silly. If your a man then your last name doesn't change, you're phone number can change several times. If anything he should have in small writing beneath it, "needs your number", that way girls know. I thought this was a serious blog with serious ideas, I guess i was wrong (:~(

Sandy C said...

Serious blog. Oh yah, "I ain't no queer" boy. ROFL!!!

Unknown said...

touche, well played ma'am.