Thursday, December 6, 2007

Bald is Beautiful!!

Here's another picture of us. I still have some hair on the top of my head but it's spikey and hard so I can hardly wait for it to go away. I don't know if you can tell, but Andrew's head is much bigger than mine. Much. Isn't he cute! Man! I love that man!!




I found a hat that's made from the same material as the socks so I ordered two. Light pink and light blue. This bald thing is cold! Really. Not something I had thought of but I spoke with (follow me, here) one of my best friend's mom, who had breast cancer three years ago and went through similar treatment (chemo drugs were all the same) and is, thus far (knock on wood) cancer free, Jean Young. She mentioned that her head was cold all the time, too. Then, I mentioned it to Kevin yesterday and he said he notices his head is cold when he first shaves it. I dunno, I just never thought of it. Anyway, my point is that I seem to have to have a head covering on all the time so I'm very excited to have found these very soft hats. Phew! That took awhile to get to my point, eh?
Talking with Jean was the highlight of my day, yesterday. It's so nice to talk to someone else in "the club". A club, I might add, that no one wants to join. She understood all my feelings. I told her things I hadn't shared with anyone else and it was so nice to get it off my chest. I think she'll be getting more calls from me. It's just so nice to talk to someone else who had a port, went through chemo, lost her hair, wore a wig. Not normal, everyday activities, you know? Anyway, I hope Jean's reading this....THANK YOU, JEAN!! and...thank you Christy for insisting I talk to her. You're a truly amazing friend and I thank God daily for bringing you into my life. My little ray of sunshine - seriously, anyone who knows her would agree - she's abnormally sweet and full of life...seriously abnormal!! ROFL!!!
I'm very chipper this morning. Definitely appreciating a day when I wake up feeling great and can keep down a wonderful cup o' Joe with French Vanilla cream in it. Woohoo!!
OMG! Andrew and Kevin went to the grocery store last night. They asked if there was anything I'd like. I wanted to treat myself after the "days from hell" so I asked for Vanilla cake. This doesn't thrill them. They don't really like vanilla cake. Me? My fav!! Them? Not so much. So...they come home with this teeny tiny vanilla cake. Just for me!! It's about five inches round with sprinkles on it. So sweet, my men!!
That's all for now.
Have a great day everyone, I know I will!!
ttfn

8 comments:

Judy said...

OMG...look at you two...Sandy, you are A.DOR.ABLE!!! Andrew..well, you...hmmmm.... JUST KIDDING...ever so handsome...LOL!!!

Glad you're having a couple good days...enjoy your coffee and cake!!!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you, Sandy (she said with admiration in her voice), you have a beautiful head. Actually makes me want to shave mine as well. Now I know I have a nice shaped head too, since our looks are so much alike!

You have just made my day a very happy one. I'm lucky to have a sister who is as amazing as you are. Your strengths are coming through beautifully, and your inner beauty is a bright light.

Love you huge, little sis.

Karen xoxo

Sandy C said...

Well, ya just made me cry! (in a good way) Thanks, Karen! Love you too!

Holly said...

wow - you look great! mmm, cake... plain old vanilla eh? I'm a vanilla cake and ice cream kinda gal as well.

Anonymous said...

You look FREAKIN hawt! Seriously, you are so beautiful...inside and out..your hair was just an accessory. I admire you so much and I pray for your health and well being. Stay strong kiddo

Love you-
Kat

Unknown said...

Definitely gonna take some gettin' used to. Hope that sock-material-hat works out. Love ya.

Unknown said...

Where's the next post? I'm disappointed in my performance in this set of comments so I need another to redeem myself. Oh, I guess I wanna know what is goin' on with you too. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Sandy,
You bald beauty you!!! Really you look pretty. Andrew, you're cute too! We would like to see you sometime if you are ever feeling up to it. We all love reading your blog. You sound so good most of the time and you make us all laugh. It's like you're talking to us at the rink.
Praying for you, Robin S.