Sunday, December 9, 2007

It's Donny's Birthday!!

Oh yes it is.....It's my Donny's Birthday!!




He's 50 today. Can you believe that? 50!


That means he's exactly 5 years and 6 days older than me.....I could still marry him, you know. That's a good age gap but, well, my sweet Andrew did shave his head for me so? I guess I'll stick with him. Poor Andrew. He didn't know that by shaving his head he was sealing his fate! ROFL!!!

Well, with that it's time to announce my birthday present. From Andrew. What would be the very best present I could ask for? You guessed it!
Tickets to the Donny and Marie concert in Vegas!!!
OMG!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!! It's in July and we're going to fly business class (all that traveling for business has paid off with airmiles!) and we're staying a full 6 days....seriously!! What's better than that?!!! So....every time I get sick with this damned chemo all I have to think of is that, in July, I'll be with Donny!! OH!! The tickets? I get to go see the sound check and I'm hoping I can get an autograph. He's still dreamy, you know. I have a past with him too, you know. You see....I touched him once. Yes I did. Hey! Get your head out of the gutter, people! Not like that....on the shoulder while he was running away. Well, not away from me. He was running to the bus. Yes. That sounds better. Anyway, it was at a concert and I pushed through the security guy just as Donny was running through and I touched him on the shoulder and he turned around and said "hey, kid" and kept running. So, it's not like I'm a perfect stranger to him. Oh! and....I stalked him while he was in Toronto. Did I say stalked? No, I didn't mean that. Here's the story...
Just a quick note - On the top picture they're probably singing Yo Yo. Trust me. And...this photo on the left? I had this poster of Donny on my wall when I was a kid and kissed it good night every night. Does that make me sick? No!!

Anyway, on to the story...

He was playing Joseph...as in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat? And Andrew took me to see him. So, I'm sitting in the audience waiting for the show to begin and the lights go down and I hear an announcement..... "The role of Joseph will be played by....." and I have no idea who but it wasn't Donny! What? No Donny? Well, tears just started rolling down my face. No Donny. So we watch the first half and then there's intermission. And, again, the lights go down and another announcement...."The role of Joseph in the second half will be played by Donny Osmond". Yah!! So...at least I got to see the second part - which did not include the scene where he wears hardly any clothes, but, whatever.... Anyway...the show ends and I make Andrew come with me to the stage door. And Andrew says "there's no way he's coming out this door" and I say "of course he is" but, in the end Andrew wanders the building and he's right. Donny goes out a different door and Andrew comes back and tells me but by the time I get over there, he's gone. Ugh...

So, we decide to take the boys to see the show. Donny's in the whole thing so I get to see him half naked. Heaven for me. I don't make them go to the stage door even though I want to but I'm torn 'cause I don't want my poor kids to see their mother freak out. So I don't make them go.

Then, months later Karen (my sister) and I are at my mom and dad's and I mention all this to her and she says "well, let's go now". I'm like "what? really". She says "Yeah, let's go". So we hop in the car and head to Toronto to see Donny. And we stake out where Andrew found him last time - his car with Utah plates is sitting there at the side of the building. And sure enough we wait for an hour or so (OMG, Karen was so patient!) and out he comes and I get a few pictures and off he goes in his car. And I so badly want to follow him down the Gardner but I don't want Karen to think I'm loony so, again, I don't even suggest it.

Well. This time? In Vegas? I'm going to stalk him!! I'm going to hang out at the MGM as often as I can in hopes of seeing him. That's right....I'm going to try to find him and I don't care who knows!!
So...that's my post today. It's all about Donny. Happy Birthday, Donny! my sweetie, honey, dreamboat.....sigh!
She's a little bit country
He's a little bit rock and roll
She's a little bit of Memphis Nashville
With a little bit of Motown in his soul
Don't know if it's good or bad
But I know I love it so
She's a little bit country
And he's a little bit rock and roll.
G'night everybody!!

13 comments:

Jeff said...

I dunno if you know this, but you're kind of a loser (a lovable loser, but still a loser).....And Donny Osmond's gay. Just thought I'd remind you.

Unknown said...

To add to the previous comment... I promise I won't ask for posts anymore if you're just gonna tell me your history with some gay, mormon singer. And to answer your question of whats better than watching donny in vegas... how bout playin' pokah in vegas. Can't wait to see your crazy butt tomorrow, love ya.

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I believe you have scarred your children beyond healing - proof of their agony in the above comments..... :)

Also for the record, since I myself will turn 50 in just a few short months, I think Donny would be a much more appropriate match for MOI!!!! All these years, never knew I was a closet Donny fan, didja? Had to listen to all your "I'm never washing this hand again" after you touched him, and all that smooching on the poster at bedtime. And I just suffered in silence. Well, it's time I came out - I too am in love with the gay Mormon singer with huge teeth in purple socks!!!! Oh, hell, while we're at it, I'm also in love with Barry Manilow and Scott Baio.

Shit, took it just a bit too far, didn't I? That last bit was the dead giveaway, that I'm just spoofing you - wasn't it? In truth, I was always more into the Monkees - between Davey Jones' cute British accent, and Mickey Dolenz' mop-top hair, and Mike Nesmith's shy wit, and Peter Tork's..... nuts, can't think of a THING of Peter's that was cute. Karen Brewer (next door) and I used to sing and dance for HOURS to those guys in her basement. I think I used to wear her mom's 38DD bra over my clothes, stuffed with socks, in case any of them happened by - so they'd think I was well-endowed! (Sorry, Jeff and Scott, too much info., I know.)

Anyway, you can keep your gay Mormon guy with the giant teeth, and to hell with "business class to Vegas" - I'm off to hop the last train to Clarksville!

Glad you're having a good week, honey. Even if you are a loonie stalker at heart..... Not me, though - I am totally sane.....

Love to all. Kim xoxo

Anonymous said...

I remember that night well. You almost didn't get to talk to Donny, because that ass of a security guard (read: wanna-be-cop) tried to stop you! So I (in my biggest, ballsy way) said 'LET HER THROUGH'. I think I scared the crap out of him!! So he got out of the way, you talked, Donny signed, and I yelled to him 'SHE TOUCHED YOU, YA KNOW!'

So I think he thought you were nice and I was bonkers.

The best part, the part you forgot to mention, was that we figured he wasn't coming out and gave up waiting. We got in the van and started to drive away. You saw him come out the stage door, threw the van into park, jumped out and ran over. You left the van in the middle of the street. Remember?? lol

Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh, yah, and Kim? Davy Jones played our Festival of Lights this summer. Jeff's cousin was working security and let him through to go right in front of the stage and take pics for me! Now THAT is a good husband!!

You wanna talk about STALKING? Then we went to the outdoor bar at the Holiday Inn because the performers usually go there after their gig. Unfortunately, instead of heading for the bar, he went to one of the ballrooms and danced with the bride who was having her wedding reception there. Hmmm I still remember the dream I had about him when I was 7 or 8 ..... swimming with Davy Jones!! YUMMY

Susan said...

And they call it puppy love....

Sandy C said...

OMG! Karen! I forgot about leaving the van in the middle of the street! I remember you yelling "Sandy!" and then moving to the driver seat and moving the van over to the side of the road. Too Funny!! I also remember you saying "she touched you" and thinking "that just sounds wrong, doesn't it?" ROFL!!

Holly said...

what an awesome gift!

Unknown said...

Hmmmm...the Monkees vs Donny Osmond. Guess we know where all the cool genes went.

Jeff said...

All the cool genes? I hope by that you mean Uncle Steve.

Judy said...

HEY...what's wrong with Cousin Judy..Partridge Family all the way..LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yah, well you guys probably liked Backstreet Boys or something like that. Your kids will tease you about that someday too ... You won't be cool enough for THEM.

Unknown said...

Touche