Sunday, December 16, 2007

Nice Birthday!

It's Sunday morning.

I had a nice birthday. It would have been great except I only got to see my honey for an hour of the day. It all started at 2am Saturday morning. The phone rang. It was Delta Airlines telling Andrew (who was in Germany at the airport!!) that his flight to Atlanta is delayed. Ugh! Well, I'm awake now so I call him in Dusseldorf to pass on this info that he already knew. He was pretty funny with "What are you doing awake? It's the middle of the night for you!" He won't give the home number as a contact number ever again. So, I get off the phone with him and can't sleep so on goes the tv. I watch a really bad movie called Duets with Gwyneth Paltrow and Huey Lewis. Gets me to sleep very quickly. Thank goodness for bad movies in the middle of the night!!

I wake up Saturday morning. My parents call me singing Happy Birthday. Christy and Jill came over and brought me dinner for that night, a basket of wonderful "girl stuff", and a coffee coolata from Dunkin' Donuts. Yummo!!! Then, Deb calls and she and Austin sing me Happy Birthday, Mrs. Callin calls, Hilary calls, my parents come over with my horoscope for the year and a card that sings Kokomo...I loved it - made me laugh out loud. Andrew had sent a bouquet of flowers on Friday with a balloon, Debbie send me a bouquet of flowers that are all pinky and wonderful, Karen called.....Kim and Steve called but I was in bed by then.

A very busy day, all around. I felt ok all day up until about 4pm. Then? I crashed. I felt very nauseous and whiny. Andrew didn't end up getting home until about 9:30. I had slept for a few hours prior to his arrival so I stayed awake for about an hour to chat but ended up crashing again for the night. This chemo really makes my body so tired. But...I was doing great up until 4pm on Saturday so I think that's great.

So now it's Sunday morning. Feeling a little nauseous but trying not to take the anti-nausea pills. They make me sleepy and I want to see Andrew as much as I can. It's a fine line I walk between taking all these pills. I know that if I take the anti-nausea pill I'll sleep at least 2 hours. If I don't take it, how nauseous do I get before I take it? It's just a balancing act.

So, all-in-all I had a good birthday and I'm having a good weekend.

Here's my horoscope for the year (and Donny's since, he too, is a Sagittarius):

You definitely think big. You have a natural feeling for power. In large measure, this is because you are an optimist, and you're also well-liked. You know how to make others feel good. Your year ahead is exciting because it's the beginning of a new cycle for you. Open any door.

My take on this?

That door I open? Donny's bedroom door!! ROFL!! I am so kidding on this - but only just recently (since Andrew shaved his damn head!). The new cycle is that I'm now going to let Donny just be married to his darn wife Debbie (ya, ya, I'm happy for them...but as you've all noticed I had 3 boys and would have made just as good a wife for him!!) and I won't be bitter (well, maybe a little bitter) and I'll stay with Andrew forever and ever. Good thing he's so cute, eh? teehee.

Well, that's all for now. Everyone have a great Sunday. I hear ya'll had a big dumping of snow and ice up in Canada and New York so stay safe, people!! I love you all!

TTFN from sunny Florida where it's 70 degrees today - kinda cold for us! - yes I'm bragging!! ROFL!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got about a foot and a half of snow on Sunday. It's very pretty here. Christmas with snow! WAHOO!

Glad you had a good day on Saturday, Sandy. I really enjoyed the conversation.

Talk to you soon! Love you HUGE!

Karen xoxo

Anonymous said...

I hope you received my Happy Birthday email. I did not forget! Oh, and about Donny...well Sandy, I do not think you would make a good wife for Donny because you would make a LOUSEY Mormon..no offense...

Kisses,

Afrodite
(freezing in NY)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good birthday, sorry I missed you with my call. We had a stomach bug at my house over the week-end (lousy timing, right before Christmas!) so I was knocked off my feet most of the day. Maybe it's "sympathy nausea"! What a devoted sis I am - LOL!

We got hit with the snowstorm, but not as badly as predicted - about 10". About the length of.......


a Barbie doll!!!! :)



Love ya. Kim xoxo