Friday, April 4, 2008

Bone Scan

I had my bone scan yesterday (Thursday). It was another really easy test (why wasn't high school this easy?). I went in at 8am. They injected some radioactive "stuff" into my veins and I went home until 11am. They then ran a scan which took about 20 minutes. The guy asked me if I'd broken my ribs before. No. Had I dislocated my ribs? No. I asked him if he found anything in my hips. No. I asked him why he's asking me about my ribs. He said he found "a couple of spots" and had to retake them.


Well, you can imagine that I was on pins and needles. Turns out? It's nothing. My bone scan was "completely normal". Phew!!!

Today I went in for my Herceptin. Scotty and my parents came with me. It was fun. I know that sounds weird but it was. There was another lady who looked to be about 50 and she was obviously from up north somewhere, too, 'cause when we started to talk about hockey she was right in there with us. Ohhhhh!!!! Speaking of hockey? Look what someone sent me today....




















Oh Yah! Funny, Funny. Ha Ha. Boy! It's hard being a Leafs fan, isn't it?


I think that's all for now. Scott's home already. Jeff & Chanel are coming home tonight. Chanel needs a dress for a formal so we're going shopping tomorrow. Did you hear me? I'm going dress shopping!! WooHoo!!! I've been waiting for this all my life and she's such a sweetie and tiny? She's like size 0. I'll post some pictures from Orlando when I get a chance. I actually find myself staring at her she's so tiny - I can tell you this - we do not grow them like that in our family. We're a bunch of Amazons (well except little Karen. teehee. All 5'4" of her!! ROFL!!) with big feet and long arms. Anyway, can you tell I'm excited?!!

Kevin's been busy working at the Humane Society this week. He's in love. Her name is Olive. She's a younger woman - a five month old Pit Bull to be exact. ROFL!!!

Andrew comes home tomorrow at 5pm. Yippee!! All in all, an exciting weekend!

Thank you to all who responded to my question "Who the heck's reading my blog". Some of you responded on the blog and others sent me lovely e-mails. I was just really curious. I started the blog so that people could know what's happening with me. How I'm feeling and what tests I'm going through. Andrew and I both have big familys and a lot of friends all around the world so a blog was the easiest way of keeping everyone informed. We also didn't want to convey the information one by one. You forget who you told what and, in the end, some people get all the information, some get a little and some get none. This way? Everyone gets the same information and the opportunity to comment.

You know, it's interesting what cancer does to some relationships. Some people have gotten much closer and have showed me so much love and support. I've met some new people who I never knew before. Then there are those who you thought would support you but have somehow pulled away. People from hockey and a couple of friends and a few relatives. It's interesting and I try really hard not to take it personally. Some people are simply too busy with their own lives and others are simply scared of cancer. I don't blame them. I am too. But...thanks to those of you who are supporting me!! It truly means the world to me and I appreciate it more than words can say!!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
TTFN!
3 months, 2 weeks and 3 days till I see Donny!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Sandy. The Princess and her tiara need the FEEL THE LOVE! HA HA

I hope you are shining it up in anticipation of having brown curly locks! I hear from others that your hair will be curly this time around! Maybe this is partly a blessing in disguise so that you can have a different doo! Without a perm! lol

When this is over, you have to come visit Jeff & me. I'll have a throne waiting for you! With gold gilt on it! Queen for a day?? Hell no! Princess for a lifetime!

Karen xoxoxo
ps it's finally getting warmer up here. We only have about a foot of snow left! WOO HOO

Susan said...

Glad to hear the bone scan went well. Love the counterfeit playoff ticket!

Candance said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog about the Singular!! Hopefully I can get this thing all figured out soon!!

Okay, now I'm totally sucked into your blog, so I'm sitting here drinking coffee and reading, reading, reading!! My poor fiance has been talking to me non-stop and all he's getting in return is, "uh-uh" cause I can't hear a word he's saying.

Anonymous said...

Hi
I hope I'm not one of the relatives
who are not keeping in touch. I read
the blog religiously and then I don't
comment do I. At first I didn't know
how and I'm still not sure you will
get this but I think of you all the
time and pray that you are fighting
the last battle with it. Anyway my
daughters comments are a lot funnier
than mine would be.
All my love Aunt Ardyth

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that the bone scan results are clean!

I hope you're having a wonderful, love filled weekend surrounded by family and good friends!

Laurie

Judy said...

Well, look at my mommy up there commenting! I didn't think she'd ever be techie enough for that! lol!

Thrilled to hear the results of your bone scan!! That's fantastic!

Counterfeit ticket made me laugh..a lot!!!