Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Pageant, A Tiara & Donny and Marie!!!


OK!!! I was in heaven yesterday! The Miss USA pageant was on Friday night. I taped it and watched it yesterday afternoon. I was in heaven.


First?
Guess who hosted!!!!???? That's right! My Donny and Marie. And...they were pretty funny, too. They didn't sing, which was a bit of a disappointment. But...they really were funny and Marie looked fricking fabulous! I may just take up Ballroom Dancing just to get a body like that! Not!!!



Then....as most of you probably don't know, I am a very serious pageant watcher. I watch very closely and pick my favourites right at the beginning. Well. I am so good, if I do say so myself. I picked the winner AND the third place winner as my favs! Am I good or what?





<--------------------
And this, my friends, is what the winner gets to wear for an entire year!!! Oh my goodness! Just thinking about it gets my heart going. A tiara and a sash that says she is Miss USA. What's better than that?
Anyway, I just thought I'd share my passion with y'all. I know, I know, some of you think I'm nuts, crazy, weird. Whatever! It was just an amazing tv moment to have a pageant, a tiara and Donny and Marie all on tv at the same time! Heaven, I tell you! Heaven.
See? Now I never have to die 'cause I've already been to heaven!! ROFL!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmmm, what is better than wearing a tiara and a sash for a year? Listening to Donny and Marie? Good god no. Gettin' kicked square in the nuts? I'd have to say yes.

Judy said...

LOL....at you AND your son!! Ok, I've got to give him this, that comment is a good one!

Between Donny, Marie and the contestants...how many people with perfect, blinding smiles can they possibly fit on one tv screen!!

Anonymous said...

Why, they were only missing one! My sister Sandy! HA HA HA

Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Man, are you low maintenance! Miss USA on TV, complete with tiara, sash and cornball hosts, and the girl is in heaven! I shoulda known - if all it took was a trip to Dairy Queen 30 years ago, stands to reason that this stuff would do it now.....

Well, knock yourself out and enjoy - betcha a buck you didn't delete that lalapalooza off your DVR, didja??? You're gonna watch it AGAIN, aren'tcha? Have a ball, baby! Love always, Kim xoxo

Sandy C said...

OMG!! You know me wayyy to well! Of course I'll watch it again! ROFL!!!

Candance said...

My daughter won the very first Miss North Pole pageant in the town we used to live in. Sometimes, when I was home all alone, I would put on her tiara and clean house in it. I am not making that up. Nothing makes you feel prettier than scrubbing toilets in your five year old's tiara.

That's the long way to say I totally get you. And, Miss Texas won!! Word!!

Jeff said...

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with Scott on this one. The only thing worse than watching Donny and Marie host the Miss USA pagaent would be just watching Donny and Marie....At least the Miss USA pagaent has some really hot girls to look at.

Anonymous said...

HA HA Candice, you and my sister must get along just fine! I do believe Sandy would wear a tiara sitting on the toilet if she had one! ha ha xoxo Karen