Monday, April 7, 2008

Our Weekend

First off - I have to say to my Aunt Ardyth. No. Not you, you silly lady!! And...I am very, very impressed that you made a comment!! And...I realize how hard this must be on both you and my dad. It must be very scary knowing that your mom died of breast cancer and then for me to have it must be very scary for both of you. Don't worry! I'm fighting it. It picked the wrong girl to mess with! LOL!!

Ok now for our weekend. We had a fantastic weekend!!

On Saturday, Jeff and Chanel and I went shopping for a dress for Chanel. It was really fun. It's like dressing a model. The funny thing is...I consider myself a "normal" woman. I always try on a size and end up getting a bigger size. I like to think I'm a size smaller than I am, I guess. OK, so we're shopping and Chanel says she's a size 5/6. Now, I must tell you I never thought she was a size 5. How could someone so tiny think that she's a size 5?!! So, she tries on the first dress and it's just swimming on her. Second dress? Well, it wasn't her (I made her try it on!) and again it was swimming on her. I go back to look for something in her size - so now I'm looking for a size 3/4. There aren't any. Not a single dress in this size!! So, we move on to other stores. Guess what? It's really hard to find very small sizes. I didn't know this....obviously. Anyway, we found two that were very nice but expensive so she's going to have her mom ship a dress she wore to high school prom down here (she's from Massachusetts).

Anyway, all day I had been getting text messages from Andrew. His flight was delayed but he'd been upgraded to business class. Another one says they're just sitting in the plane - they sat for 2 hours!! Good thing he was sitting in business class - boy did they take care of him! His text mentioned something about having another champagne and orange juice. Nice!! Anyway, if this flight is late, guess what? He's missing his connector in Atlanta. So, when he got to Atlanta he called me, I got on the internet and told him what flights he might be able to catch and he got to Tampa by 7:40. Only 2 & 1/2 hours late. Not bad, really.

So, after Scott & I picked him up we all went to Olive Garden. Again, I took off my hat. We had a wonderful time. Then, I wasn't finished having fun so I suggested we go shoot pool. Kevin didn't want to come with us so we dropped him at home. I had been sitting in the back seat and had taken off my hat and put it in my lap. I wanted to switch to the front seat so I got out and dropped my hat on the front lawn. I picked it up and off we went. Scott was driving and we started off down the street. Luckily? I hadn't put on the hat 'cause as we started driving down the street we realized there was a horrible smell in the car. "What the hell is that smell?" Turns out? I had dropped my hat in dog poop. Ewwww!!!!! So back home we go. I wash my hands and freak out a little. "OMG! OMG!! I have dog poop on my hands!!". But, I was hell bent on going to play pool so I washed up and grabbed another hat and off we went. We had so much fun and....I ended up taking my hat off for the whole time. I kept having hot flashes (drinking makes them come more often...stop drinking you say? Hell no!! I say. ROFL!!) and the hat just made it worse. I don't think anyone stared. I didn't see it if they did, anyway.

Sunday was quiet. We finished off the boys laundry and took Scotty back to school at around 4:30 (Jeff & Chanel were still in their PJ's when we left - that's how laid back our day had been up till this point!!). It rained - no poured - the entire way there and back. Sucked.

Anyway, with all this eating out I gained five pounds this weekend and I had weird dreams last night so my face is all puffy from crying in my sleep. Must eat better today. Lots of fruits and veggies.

It's 12:30 in the afternoon so I must go get dressed and get to radiation. And so....another week of radiation starts. My poor booby is getting burned and....this is just a question .....Ladies ....What do you do when you nipple gets itchy in public? Really!! I've got three more weeks of this and it's only going to get worse. I'm putting 100% aloe on the burn and then I follow it up with some after-sun stuff that has aloe and lidocaine in it. That works for a while but then the itching comes back. Any suggestions?

I will end this by saying....Karen, I need some more pool lessons. I sucked!! ROFL!!

TTFN!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

ya, to follow up the end of the post. mom's method of trying to win is by holding on long enough to let me smash the 8-ball in too early.

Sandy C said...

Whatever!!

Holly said...

when you come visit judy I'll show you the itchy boobie dance (ha ha ha)...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww - dog poo hat! ICK!

Anonymous said...

Ya gotta talk to Steve about the pool thing. He's the one who played with me for HOURS and HOURS so I could get good. And now? jeff & I don't go out much, so I'm right back to square one! Oh well, I guess I'll put that on my list of DONE along with tennis, exercise, weight loss, motorcycle riding! ha ha

Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi, sweetie -

Haven't put my 2 cents in for a while..... So what the hell, here's about a dollar's worth! :)

So happy that you had a great week-end, despite doggie doo! And that the bone scan was negative, what a relief.

About the "Donny countdown", just one thing to say: YOU ARE NOT RIGHT, GIRL!!!!!

Just look how far you've come - baldie in public (and pubic LOL!), no longer feel like everybody's staring, coming down the home stretch of this long journey, kickin' ass and takin' names! Way to go, CancerGirl! I'm so proud of you. Stay strong, almost there. Know that I'm thinking of you every single day, still sending that good energy.

Love you bunches. Kim xoxo

ps- Thanks a million for the musical birthday card, love it!

Judy said...

Glad to hear you had such a great weekend!

...and now you really must visit...Holly's never offered to show *me* the itchy booby dance...can't wait...LOL!!!

Love ya!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rad Sista ~

I am sorry you are having problems with the rads...I unfortunately can relate all too much. So to answer your question on the "itchy nipple" ...at least you HAVE a nipple! ROTFLMAO...and honey when it itches...scratch it! YOU are entitled to that nipple! LOL After all who cares anyway you go around with your "crappy" hats what a scratch gonna hurt!? Perhaps you should wear those tiaras...Be Queen for the day...You would look HOT even if you did give in on a scratch or two !
KEEP up the laughter ~