Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Seven more to Go!

Only seven more radiations to go. That makes me so happy. Although, I had a major meltdown on the Radiation table today. Sometimes it just hits me that I have cancer and am going through this shit. I just couldn't stop crying. I went into the change room afterwards and thought I had my act together. I came out and my doctor was standing at the front desk as I was walking out. He waved me over just to say hi and I just ended up crying and slobbering all over the place. I just love this man. He pulled me in and gave me a huge hug. Just held me. Another angel, I swear. And...he was sent to me by another angel, Kit, my oncology nurse. Amazing.

Some exciting news came to me yesterday. My friend, Christy, is walking in the Relay for Life. Her mom had breast cancer a few years ago and is now cancer-free (Yeah!! Mrs. Young!!!). Anyway, she e-mailed me and told me that she's walking in honour of her mom and me. Just typing that gives me goose bumps. Anyway, I've joined her team and I will be walking in honour of my grandmother, Vera Irvine. If you would like to donate please go to the following link. My goal is to raise $250.00 so if 25 of you donate $10.00 I will meet that goal. Thank you in advance!

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeFloridaDivision?pg=personal&fr_id=9693&fr_id=9693&px=6128983


You Canadians can donate 'cause they take mastercard/visa/american express - all those. Anyway, I'll be out there walking on her team on May 16 along with Kevin and, hopefully, Jeff and Scott. I'm going to ask them this weekend when they're home but now they'll read it here so - Hey! Jeff & Scott - will you walk with us? It's Friday May 16 at 6:00 pm until Saturday May 17 at 10 am - oh! I know how to get you there. It's at the track and they're having special poker tables. Besides, Christy's walking in honour of me and her mom and I'd like you to be there.

Two funny stories and then I'm done:

A few posts ago I was talking about my itchy nipple. Laurie, a girl I met at radiation, sent me an e-mail about the whole itchy nipple thing. You see, she had a mastectomy. This is the note she sent. I laughed so hard I cried (in a good way, this time) when I read it:

"I am sorry you are having problems with those rads...they can suck! So to answer your question about your "itchy nipple"....at least you have one ROTFLMAO....and honey when it itches...scratch it ! You are intitled to that nipple ! LOL "

ahhh....Cancer humour!! And for those of you who don't know ROTFLMAO stands for Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off.

Another story I heard at radiation today. A young girl had had a double mastectomy (this is a true story). She was on the table getting "mapped" (that's when they figure out how to do the radiation) and it was taking a long time. She said "Hey doc, can you hurry up with this? It's cold in here and my nipples are getting hard."

Too funny!

Have a great day, all!
TTFN!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sure, I'll walk. Not sure if I'll hang with you guys cuz it could adversely affect my street rep but I'll be there.

Sandy C said...

Jack & Kevin will be there so your "street rep" should come out ok. LOL!! street rep. ROFL!!

Holly said...

it's so nice that the docs and nurses are extra supportive!

Susan said...

Suddenly I have an itchy nipple!!

Judy said...

Grandma would be so proud of you..as am I! You make me cry you know!

Anonymous said...

Way to go sandy! I was going to do the weekend walk in September, but they have a minimum $1000 donations to do it. So maybe next year.

But Monica and I are doing our part. She is the warm up trainer for the Barrie walk. I'll be video taping it.

xoxo

Karen

Anonymous said...

Let me expand on that ... I will be videotaping it for our Cancer Survivor's exercise video that we are putting out.

xoxo k

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Transplante de Cabelo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://transplante-de-cabelo.blogspot.com. A hug.

Jeff said...

I guess I can come...but only if I don't have to give you any money cuz I'm po.