Thursday, April 10, 2008

Migraines....ugh!

I hate migraines. I got one on Tuesday morning. It was a really bad one that lasted until Wednesday night. It's now Thursday afternoon and it's downgraded to a headache. Really pissed me off to get it because I was supposed to go to a "young women's cancer support group" on Tuesday night. I was looking forward to it. But, even leaving my dark bedroom is out of the question when I have a migraine so I only left the house to go to radiation. I wore my hat and sunglasses. I looked pretty funny, really. Then, during radiation, I had them put a towel over my eyes 'cause between the loud whine of the machine and the lights I woulda just cried. The first day, she put the towel over my whole face. This was ok until.....I had a hot flash!! So there I am under this towel, not allowed to move having a huge hot flash and my head was killing me. Ugh! Whatever - only 11 more to go.

I'm not sure if I'll fit in with this support group but we'll see. It's for women under 50. I'm in that category but, since I had the kids so young, I'm usually at a different point in life than people my own age. I don't have the worry of not seeing my kids graduate from high school - well unless a truck runs me over before June 4th, anyway! LOL!! My thoughts are more like this:

1) Now that the kids are all going off to college, Andrew and I are free. Free for so many things! Free to eat what we want and not worry about one kid not liking this and the other kid not liking that. Also, if we go out to dinner it's just two people. Much cheaper than a family of five! Free to do "other" things, too. Things I won't mention 'cause their unmentionable but with no kids in the house they could be really fun. teehee (sorry Jeff, Scott and Kevin!!) I don't want to miss that.

2) Jeff has a girlfriend and the others are sure to get one or two soon. That means, at some point engagements will happen and then marriage and then granddaughters - oh! I mean grandchildren (really, I'll love the boys as much as the girls but it'll be way more fun to dress the girls!). I don't want to miss that.

3) Travel. Oh!! I have sooo many places I want to go. There's Greece and Hawaii and Italy and Paris time and time again and Slovakia and Scotland and Costa Rica....well, obviously, I could go on and on. I'm also thinking that, when Andrew goes to Europe, I can travel with him some of the time. Not in the winter (I don't breathe well in the cold) but in the spring and fall I could go with him and visit all the wonderful people he works with over there. They are really nice people (I'm not just saying that 'cause they read my blog, either!). Fun!! I don't want to miss that.

4) Visiting. I won't have kids at home so, when Andrew goes to Europe, if I don't want to go with him I could just go north and visit my friends and family. I could wander around by myself during the day or read a book/magazine or watch tv and then spend evenings with them. I would so love that! Flights to Elmira are getting cheaper by the month (Ohh!! Randy would just love that, eh, Kim? Waahaahaahaahaa!!) and for the Toronto folks, I could fly into Buffalo. Then someone would just have to come pick me up (shopping in Buffalo!! YAH!!!). I don't want to miss that.

5) I still want to become a boater. We live in Florida so I want to try it. I also want to try jet skiiing. I don't want to miss that.

6) I want to write a book, volunteer with the manatees and sea turtles, so many things!! I don't want to miss a thing! (Cue Aerosmith!)

So, you see? I have a lot to live for! A lot I don't want to miss.

That's all for today. I meant to finally write a small post but I needed to remind myself of all the excitement coming up. It gets a little lonely on that radiation table, sometimes, so I just needed a little boost.

Thanks for listening!
TTFN!
3 months & 10 days till Donny!!
13 days till "someone" turns 50!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

#1 is completely uncalled for and you know life is a hollow shell without your babies. i bet she tells everyone how happy she is that kevin is leaving then she'll be crying her eyes out when he does. now i'm not saying its a definite but i am saying its happened twice before, teehee.

Sandy C said...

Damn! When he's right he's right and he is right!! But...when I'm finished crying or while I'm crying? I can travel and go out to dinner. Right? Right?

Holly said...

we have seadoos and a boat at the cottage - come north!

Anonymous said...

Come see me in Elmira! We can walk in the woods out back, go on a tour of the wineries, dine at one of those pretty restaurants on the water (think Finger Lakes), play with that sweet grandbaby of mine - and you could help me celebrate that big number FIFTY!!!!

Love love love the cards, especially the musical one - thanks! Love love love you as well..... Kim xoxo

Unknown said...

hahaha, silly lady friending me.

Anonymous said...

HELLOOOO! Come to Peterborough and hang out with me by our pool. Jeff does a mean bbq, and he's the most hospitable host you will ever know. Just ask mom and dad!

By that time, we will have a brand new open concept living room / kitchen! They start tearing down in the next couple of weeks! WOO HOO! I'm trading my Harley for most of the costs. AND the contractor is the best looking cowboy you would ever meet! ha ha It doesn't hurt to have more eye candy around when your kitchen is torn to bits! ROLF! HMMM maybe you should come up here sooner?? ha ha

Karen xoxo

Judy said...

Good grief...migraines AND hot flashes...you have got to be kidding!!!

Great list Sandy! Can't wait to hear about each and every detail!!