Monday, April 21, 2008

MRI Results are In!!

I went for an MRI on Thursday. It was a follow-up to the bone scan for my painful hip. The MRI does not show any cancer! Yeah!!! That's a big relief and the doctor said it's perfectly normal to think everything is cancer for the first couple of years. What I do have is decreased blood flow in my hips. I got the results from my radiation oncologist. He just had the results and doesn't know whether this is a result of the chemo so when I go for Herceptin on Friday I'll have to ask my other oncologist.

Then on Friday I had another MUGA test. It's that heart test that I have to have every couple of months to make sure my heart isn't being affected by the Herceptin. The results are that my heart is actually doing better. I think my last on was about 65% and I'm now at 69%. How's that for a great number, eh? LOL!! It's probably from all the walking I've been doing.

Anyway, I'm thrilled with both these results!!

We had a great weekend. We went down to St. Pete on Saturday for a craft festival and then on Sunday we went to Honeymoon Island (one of the top 10 beaches in America) to another festival. I signed up to be a volunteer with the Sea Turtles. It is my understanding that the volunteers go out and mark the turtle nests and monitor them and watch the babies go out to sea. Should be great!

Oh! On Friday night we went out for dinner at The Outback. There was this woman who just couldn't take her eyes off me. I thought I was over people staring at me but this was too much. I was sitting facing her but I had Scotty trade places with me so I couldn't see her anymore. Kevin wanted to go confront her but I wouldn't let him. People like that just aren't worth it and, besides, she was old. I guess you never know why they're staring but, still. It's rude.
After dinner we went and played pool and us "oldies" beat the "youngies". yippee!!

I think that's all. Have a great week everyone! Only 4 more radiations to go!!

TTFN!
ps - my sister, Kim's, birthday is on Wednesday!! Woohoo!!!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Fabulous results!! I'm so happy for you!!

I don't know how you handle the "starers" so well. I don't think I could.

Love you!!!

Unknown said...

ya you guys took us down in pool at the expense of dads back from carrying your team. great news about the mri, see ya soon.

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOO happy to hear about your MRI results! Think I would worry about every ache and blemish for a while too.... But I gotta say, right from the beginning, I have felt deep down that this one fight is the only one you're going to have to wage against this particular demon. Only a few more radiation sessions to go, then the herceptin for insurance, and you're done. We'll all spend the rest of our days marvelling that things went so well.

As you can see, I just BELIEVE that you'll beat the shit out of this thing! I have every faith that you're kickin' its butt.

Love you always, and still sending that good energy your way - in SPITE of all the reminders in the mail of what an old lady I am! :)

Your VERY OLD sis, Kim xo

Susan said...

Congrats on the test results! Glad you had a nice weekend.