Thursday, January 24, 2008

Chemo Day

It's chemo day again. This will be chemo #6 out of 8. I just do the one drug (Taxol) this time. It takes about 3 hours, maybe more if I have an allergic reaction again.

OK, so what I do when I'm coming up to the weekend after chemo (I call them my "bad weekends") is I tape/dvr lots of tv shows and some movies. Some is really mindless stuff (home improvement stuff) and others are really great movies (my choice this weekend is Brokeback Mountain which I haven't seen, yet). So I'm all ready for my bad weekend, right?

Well, after all this time? Andrew's decided to paint our bedroom! I'm very excited. I've got the paint all ready to go (after buying several colours and spending lots of money on paint I'll never use - I finally decided on tan/gold). Then it occurs to me....if he's painting the bedroom this weekend? How can I watch all my tv shows? Well, I can't. boo! hiss! that just sucks. But...on the other hand I do get my bedroom painted so that's good. But on the other hand, he's going to be busy painting with Kevin and I won't have anything to do. But on the other hand my bedroom's going to look so great and the next bad weekend I have I'll be in a really great bedroom. I feel like Tevye from Fiddler on the Roof going back and forth like this. LOL!!

Anyway, if anyone knows what to do with gallons of paint that you bought thinking they were going to be great on the wall and then, when you do a sample patch, it's not exactly what you wanted (well, no where close to what you wanted), let me know.

Have a great day, all!
TTFN!

No comments: