Monday, January 7, 2008

Good Weekend!

Well, here I go again - yo yo girl. If I knew how to upload music on to this blog you would be hearing The Osmonds singing "Just Like a YoYo" right now. I know, I know, y'all are very sad that I don't know how to do this but my cousin, Judy, knows how and will e-mail me the directions so I can do this in the very near future, right Jude?

I had a fantastic weekend! On Friday night we went to the Olive Garden for dinner. Our last dinner before Scott heads out to college on Saturday. So sad for me. I hate when my kids are gone. I also hate when they're here for too long, though, so it's good that he's going back, really. Anyway, it was a lovely dinner out. I just love my kids and hubby and they're all so funny I almost spit out my drink a few times. The only down thing? Again.....people staring. It's really weird, I tell you. We walked in and there were a lot of people standing around waiting for tables. So many of them were staring. I watched this one girl look at me, tap her boyfriend/husband on the shoulder (he had his back to me), she actually pointed at me and he turned around to look! Then, we gave our name in and Andrew and I went to the bar for a drink. We walked through a family (all adults). I looked back to see if the boys were coming with us and I saw this family all staring at me. I said to Andrew "OMG. Look, they're all looking at me. They are, right?" ('cause by now? I think I must be crazy and people aren't actually looking at me - it's all in my head - no pun intended!!). But he looked and sure enough, six adults standing there staring at me. Then I looked towards the bar but just had to look back to see if they were still looking at me? Sure enough, now this is about 30 seconds later, I look back and one of the women is still staring at me. Now, I must admit, I did look cute so it coulda been that. I have this fuzzy pink hat that I just love. LOL! Anyway, we got a seat at the bar, I ordered my drink and our buzzer went off to tell us the table was ready. Well this was weird 'cause they had said it would be 40 minutes and it had only been 5. I asked the couple sitting beside us how long they'd been there and they said 45 minutes. She joked and said it musta been my cute pink hat that got us in so quickly. LOL! Then, we were walking to our table and a teen at a table we walked by said "It's not that cold out" - about me wearing a hat - I thought that was pretty funny! Anyway, the night was good other than the staring!

Then on Saturday we did laundry all day. By the time it was done Scott decided to stay another night (he was going back to college Saturday to play hockey at 7 pm but by the time he woulda got there he woulda been too late). yah!! I swear, I did not do that on purpose - he had a lot of laundry!! Anyway, a friend of mine was having a dinner party on Saturday night so Andrew and I went to that. It was very nice. Weird, at one point. There were four couples and, we girls, as girls do, were in the kitchen chatting. The conversation came to hair and they're chatting away about their hair. It wasn't rude of them or anything it was just weird 'cause usually? I'd be right in there talking about how thick my hair is, making them run their hands through it so they can really understand just how thick it is and chatting about highlights and perms and lowlights and oh! I love hair-talk! This was, truly, the first time I've had a hair conversation going on around me that I just didn't participate in. Weird. Anyway, the evening was completely enjoyable!

Sunday. The Canadian Callin's had sent us down some gift certificates for Christmas to our favourite restaurant on the beach. Yesterday was a perfect day. Not a cloud in the sky and the whole family home. So, we called my mom and dad to join us and off to the beach we went. It was perfect. First off, we found a parking spot that we didn't have to pay for! This is huge!! Clearwater Beach? I didn't even know there was such a thing as a free parking spot! Anyway, we parked and wandered down to the beach. The sand is like walking in powder. So soft and warm. The water was cold. My mom kept saying it gets warmer but Kevin and I were pretty sure they were just numb and she couldn't feel then any more! LOL! We found two small sand dollars! I've never had that before! We saw a woman in a thong bikini - I've never seen that before, either! Then, we went and had some lunch. It's an outdoor place right on the beach. The weather was perfect, the food was so good, not a single person stared at me. Wonderful!

Sunday night Scotty went home. We watched some tv. Andrew didn't snore last night! I tell you! What more could a girl ask for?

Here's a chemo-weirdity for you. My nails hurt. I had heard they can turn brown (UGH!!) and sometimes even fall off. I think that might be happening. They truly hurt. I can't even open a can of pop anymore. Weird.

Anyway, the rest of my week....today through Thursday morning I'll do some business. Kevin goes to his Orthopedic surgeon today for another follow-up. He's hoping to get the ok to play hockey, I'm sure. Tomorrow I go for another heart test. I'm hoping the cute guy does it again! Thursday afternoon? Another chemo and the roller coaster starts again.

Have a great day, all!
TTFN!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good weekend, Sandy. xoxo

Your Manager,
Karen

Judy said...

Hey cuz...
I'll get right on that...just for you..lol!!

Glad you're weekend went well, other than the complete insensitivity of some mindless numbskulls!

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, that chick on the beach in a thong was me!

Unknown said...

If the last comment is true then I gotta say you have a saggy ass.

Anonymous said...

I"m old , give me a break.