Monday, January 21, 2008

My Rambling Thoughts

I gotta put up a new picture. That one's not at all accurate any more. I'm bald, now and Andrew's grown back some of his plus a goatee. He's hot - In my humble opinion, anyways!! LOL!!

We had a pretty lazy Sunday. Got some errands done and got a new computer. Boy! You don't realize how slow the old one was till you get a new one. I found some scarves, finally. I know this sounds really, really weird but I had a dream on Friday night that told me to go to the flea market to find a scarf. Now, I really hate the flea market. Why do they call it a flea market, anyway? Are there fleas there? Weird. Anyway, we had just about given up when I saw some really nice scarves. I'm so excited. I definitely like wearing scarves better than hats. Anyway, it's really weird that this dream told me to go to the flea market and I really did find them. Andrew doesn't even question this "stuff" anymore. He just goes with the flow, now.

You know what I realized? I only have 3 more chemos!! That means six more weeks and I'm done the chemo! This is really exciting to me. I've even started watching the "hair commercials" again on tv. I had stopped for a while. I would change the channel. I'm also looking at hair styles in the mall thinking about the style I'll want my hair when it grows back. Oh! You know what's really bugging me now, though? People with bad hair. WTF! They have hair! Do something with it! We were at the mall yesterday and I saw some really atrocious hair and I thought "you jerk - you've at least got hair. Do something nice with it or cover it up." Oh! I'm becoming so judgemental, eh?

Speaking of judgemental. That's my "thing" this year. People need to stop being so judgemental. Really. Who cares what other people do? We should not. If they want to spend all their money on a vacation instead of fixing up their house (that's me!) who's it hurting, really? This came up several times recently - not my vacation vs house, thing. I was talking to someone who really, really felt it's important for teens to work. He felt very strongly about it. Well, I disagree for my kids. I repeat - for my kids. Especially here in the states. If kids get great grades here? They go to a state school for free. That's right - free!! If they get good grades they go for 75% off. That's still really great and adds up to $4,000 per year and then some ('cause there are scholarships, too). So...in my humble opinion, it was better for my kids to concentrate on their studies and play hockey (kept them out of trouble on Friday & Saturday nights) than to get a job. Now, that's just my kids. Ya know? Ya see where I'm going with this? What's right for some is right for them and even if it isn't it's a lesson learned and isn't that what life's all about? Learning lessons? So no one should be judging anyone else 'cause it's all about life lessons, right? Who cares if one person spends all their time on a boat, golf course, in front of the tv, at the beach, walking their dog, etc etc.... It's their life.

Anyway, that's what I'm concentrating on this year. No judgements. So... next time I see someone with bad hair I will not judge. Maybe they just didn't have time. Maybe it was all they could do to get up and out of the house. Maybe they just like it that way? Who am I do say, right?

One last thing. Did y'all see the finale for Amazing Race last night? My very favourite team won! That never happens! I love that show. And now? American Idol has started and Big Brother's starting up again in a few weeks. So exciting for me! I love reality tv! See? Now I'm not even going to care that the writer's are on strike! I've got Ellen and The Girls Next Door and American Idol and Big Brother and Don't Forget the Lyrics and I'm sure Hell's Kitchen will start up again soon...yah!!

OK, now that I've given out all my secrets of watching bad tv, I guess I'll sign off for today....oh! see? that was judgemental against me. It's not bad tv. I love it!! teehee!!

TTFN!!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I like all the reality trash too. (the only show I'm really missing is Brothers and Sisters)

Judy said...

only 3 more chemos...that's fantastic!

..and puh-lease...I'm certainly not going to judge anyone else's choices in TV shows. Ok, I'm a liar...I do judge..I can't believe some of the crap people watch! LOL!!!

Holly said...

oh, my brothers & sisters - please return!

LOVE TK and Rachel!!!!