Saturday, January 19, 2008

Still Sick

Wow, this cold is really holding on! Andrew's sick, too. He worked all the way through until Friday and finally took Friday off. Then....the dummy! - I say that with the utmost love and affection. He worked most of Friday morning. He has this thing called Skype. It's a phone through the computer and he can talk to Europe really cheap and it's installed in his laptop so he can work from home and on the road. Finally at around noon I yelled at him and told him to go to bed or he's gonna end up with pneumonia!! The yelling started me coughing so we both went for a nap.

Today we're feeling about the same. We had to go buy a new computer. Ours just stopped working. I hate that. It was working one second. The next? dead. I'm trying to save up for a new tv and that damn computer really set me back. You see, I still have one of those "old" tv's. Not big screen. Not flat screen. Just one of those old, big backed tv's. I really want a new one but....here's where it gets expensive, my old living room cabinet won't fit a nice new tv so I need to not just get a new tv but also get a tv stand. And..of course, I don't just want a tv stand, I want a whole big unit to display pictures and "stuff". That can get pretty expensive. This isn't even a "keeping up with the Joneses" thing 'cause, I'm pretty sure the Joneses had a flat screen tv 3 freaking years ago. This is more a I'm getting old and need a bigger tv thing. ROFL!!!

Oh! On the staring front. I've noticed people don't stare as much if I wear scarves as much as hats. Now, if I could just find some scarves. We looked again today with no luck.

On the kid front. Kevin went and played hockey last night!! His first time playing since he broke his leg. I guess it went ok. I didn't ask too many questions. He's a big boy and he has to decide for himself whether it's safe or not. He definitely knows the consequences but I'm really happy for him. Scott's home this weekend - Martin Luther King Day on Monday so it's a long weekend for him. Love that. Jeff. Oh, my Jeff. He left on Tuesday for school. Came back on Thursday 'cause he'd forgotten something. Then, he picked up something else but forgot the thing he'd come for so he came back on Friday (with his sweet little girlfriend, Chanel) to pick up the thing he forgot. Again, he forgot that and left his cell phone so they had to come back again!! OMG!! It was pretty funny! I think he just likes all the hugs he gets from his momma and forgets things on purpose! LOL!! Right, Jeffy?!!

And..I like Jeff's girlfriend, Chanel, even more than before. She knows all the words to the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang song!! OMG!! That makes me so happy to know there's someone else out there who loves that movie as much as I do!

I also must add a thank you to my sister, Kim. Every week, sometimes twice a week she sends me a card of inspiration. Something just to boost my spirit. Ya know? I don't even know I need a boost till I get these cards and they just lift me right up!! I love it and, Kim, I love you so much. Thank you for knowing what I need when I don't even know I need it myself!!

OK, that's all for me. Hope everyone's having a terrific weekend!
TTFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, sweetie!

So jealous of your new computer - we need one desperately (so proud of myself that we got 8 years out of this one!) and have one all picked out. Now, if we could just recover from Xmas bills, I could go out and BUY the damned thing. Would love to do it now while I'm home all day and have time to fool with it, but will probably manage to get it when I'm working again! I need a little cheese with my WHINE.... (By the way, we too have an old big-back TV, and will need a new entertainment center when we replace it - hopefully in this lifetime.....

Maybe Jeff is entering an early menopause - that's what I blame when I forget things like that - been there, done that! Hey, Jeff, ask your doc for a little estrogen! (Oh, God, this boy may never speak to me - sorry, honey!)

And it sounds like Chanel must be his soul-mate. Who the hell else would the good Lord send into our CancerGirl's life, but some other weirdo who knows all the words to "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"?!?!?!? I myself prefer the "P-O-S-H posh" song...... good thing I'm not weird!!!! :)

Sorry the cards have been less frequent lately, couldn't drive to the post office for a week, and my boys suffer a similar memory affliction to Jeff's, apparently. And now I've put away the rest of the cards "somewhere where they won't be in the way", and I may never find them again! Jesus, this memory thing is a real problem.

Baking choco chip cookies this morning, feeling a bit more energetic so of course I feed the addiction!!!!!

Love ya bunches. Kim xoxo