Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cold & Flu Season Sucks!

Cold & Flu Season sucks! - especially if you're having chemo.

Last time I wrote everything was going swimmingly - no nausea although I had been up all night. Well, that went on throughout all of Friday. No napping and not tired. When I went in for my Neulasta shot on Friday (that's the shot that keeps me making the good blood cells) they told me the wakefulness was from all the steroids they gave me. That makes total sense. I remember when my asthma was bad and I was on tons of steroids I spent endless nights just lying in bed awake.

Friday was lovely. My momma and I went for lunch. We went to a place called Jack Willie's. One of my favourite places to go - it's got a huge outdoor tiki bar on the water. Then we went to look for more scarves to use as head coverings but we couldn't find any. They were all scarves that were long rectangles whereas I'm looking for large square shaped scarves.

The next day I started to feel some pains in my muscles and bones. Ouch. Took some pills for both of them but mostly stayed in bed all day.

Sunday Andrew & I went for a drive. We started at the mall to look for scarves. Again, no luck. Not a single square scarf. Weird. We then got back in the car and meandered down to the beach. We ended up going to a couple of open houses at some condos on Clearwater Beach. Very Nice places. I could see myself living there someday. When we came home I was in lots of pain in my muscles and bones so I went to bed and dreamed of living on in a condo on the water. Nice.

Woke up Monday morning with a killer of a cold. Lots of coughing - that barky cough I get from my asthma days. This is worrisome because the combination of chemo and a cold can turn into pneumonia very quickly for me. So I called the doctor and got an antibiotic and some great cough medicine and stayed in bed until now. It's now Wednesday afternoon and I'm feeling half-decent.

So...that's all I've been doing. Lots of aches and pains and coughing and feeling gross. Nothing exciting, that's for sure.

TTFN!

No comments: