Thursday, November 29, 2007

Busy Day!!

I had chemo today and after that? Went and got my head shaved.

Chemo went very well. Mom and Dad came with me. It was really nice - as nice as chemo can be. We just sat and chatted and before I knew it, it was all done. Easy.

Then I went and got bald. Well, I guess I shouldn't say bald but about as close as you can get. I went and had my head shaved today. The hair was coming out in huge handfuls - not chunks but when I ran my hand through my hair, everywhere, I would get tons of hair coming out in my hands. It was awful. Gross, even. And, I had resorted to wearing my hair in a ponytail, which is just not me, and my hair was so thin and my head hurt. I feel so much better. Like a huge weight has been lifted. Well, really, I had so much hair, I should go weigh myself - I probably lost a pound of hair!! And now I don't have to be obsessed with pulling out my hair by handfuls. Such a relief!!

Then after the head shaving, I tried on both my wigs and she cut the bangs and adjusted each to my head. Very nice.

Then.....Andrew got his head shaved!!! Oh yes he did!!! And, I must say...I have a very sexy bald man on my hands!! Very sexy, indeedy. You know what's really weird is that as they were shaving my head I was shocked at how gray the hair is - the under hair hasn't been coloured so it's really gray. Then, when Andrew was getting his done we were shocked at his hairline. I mean, yes, we know he has a "high hairline" (ROFL!!) but we had no idea it was that....receding.

Anyway, we'll get Kevin to take our picture later and try to post it. Now, I gotta go lie down. I'm exhausted. This was very emotional - although I didn't cry - not a single tear. I'm very proud of myself for that. I think it was because I was really fascinated by my own head. Mesmerized, even. I went to the wig shop to get it done and they do this every day so it was really quite nice. They got us a glass of champagne and it was a little bit of a party atmosphere. You know, starting a new adventure. I look at is like I'm one step closer to the end.

G'Night Everybody!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. So I'm really really really curious ... Do you have a nice shaped head??? Because if you do, I do! I always wondered what it would be like....

I want to see pics of you bald AND with each of the wigs on!! I can't wait to see the new you!

ps I'd shave my head too, but it wouldn't be much support with me so far away ... (phew)

Love ya!
Karen

Anonymous said...

PPS. I have an idea ... You guys should have a costume party and all go as the coneheads! That would be a HOOT!

If it were me, I'd dress like a conehead and walk down the street. That would be fun!!

Karen

Unknown said...

Noooooooooo, why did dad shave his head? Now I'm the only one with any hair. I'm tellin' you its gonna come in all salt and no peppa. I guess I'm shavin' it off when I get home.

Judy said...

You guys are the best!!! Sandy, my dear, I'm sure you are as beautiful without hair as you were with!!

xoxo
j.

Sandy C said...

I do have a great shaped head, if I do say so myself. But....Andrew had a great shaped head when we got home. He still had a little hair, though. Then, he shaved it bald,bald and, well? Let's just say he's not doing that again. His mother says he has a "smart ridge" or (something like that) on the back of his head. It may make him smart but it's not that nice looking. LOL!!

So, I'll let you know when the hair all comes out how nice my head is - I do look cute though. You'll see.

Anonymous said...

can't wait for pic of this .

Susan said...

You know, I always thought I had a nicely-shaped head too when it was bald.

Unknown said...

Where's the next post? I need my updates till i get home in a week.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your husband is a sweetheart!

Thinking about ya Sandy. Just wanted to let you know!

Sending Big Hugs!!
Suzy