Friday, November 16, 2007

post chemo day 1

Well, so far so good. Not feeling too bad. A little queasy at times but mostly ok. Went for my shot that boosts the white blood cells - took Kevin with me since he's now so used to hospitals and needles (had a broken femer in the summer with surgery and hospital stay) that it didn't even phase him - and...he used to be way worse than his father!! He used to fight the nurses and they had to hold him down.

So I spent a quiet day...waiting. I'm not even sure what I'm waiting for. Lots of my peeps called me. Nancy dropped in with flowers and chocolate. Oh!! the card from my aunt and uncle etc... said " Thinking of you our dear Cancer Princess". How great is that?

Also I got two t-shirts from my sister Karen. One says "Cancer, you picked the wrong Bitch" and the other one says - on the front "Cancer the ultimate in extreme sports" and then on the back there's a picture of a bald girl lounging on a chaise lounge in a sexy dress and it says chemo girl. Thank you Karen!!!

And...for an anniversary present, Karen did a video for us. I was feeling a little blue today so I watched it for the first time. OMG!! Listen, if anyone wants their pictures and video put onto a DVD format, Karen is the one to do it. I am so impressed!!! Karen, can you put your web page up on the comments section so people can go see your work, please? You are one talented chicky!! Andrew hasn't seen it yet but I'm sure the first song (Puppy Love) will not be lost on him - well, actually, Scotty has the first song. Get this...she starts the video with Scott singing a cute song when he was about 6...does the rest of the dvd including pictures and videos all to great songs that mean something to us and she fades the music out for some video clips and then...it actually ends with Scott singing another song. OMG!! Truly, Karen, you are sooo talented!! I can't say it enough!!

I'm sending Kevin and Andrew to Dinner Done tomorrow to make some meals that go straight from freezer to oven. I used to work there so if I'm well enough I'll go with them. It'd be nice to see them again - another job I had to quit for medical reasons. Ugh!

OK, enough with the whining, here. All in all, I had a good day, mate.

G'nite Everybody!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked the video! Puppy Love was a given for the starter song! Donny Osmond! But of course! I mentally focused on you the whole time I was editing. What would SANDY like? Sorry, Andrew, but I really don't think you mind! Then you (thank goodness) put your fav songs on your website, so that pretty much did it. I want you to know that my heart and soul are in that video - letting you know that I'm pushing you, telling you what a great mom and wife and chic you are. Sending you my vibes of incredible strength and stoic consistancy and support to you.

www.saucytune.com is my website.

Guess what?? Jeff's dad just bought me an HD Video camera today!! WOW My cats look great! So my skills will now be honed to the coolest HD DVD's! I'm gonna do weddings with it, too!

I watched Crazy Sexy Cancer. I think your next gig will be motivational speaker. I'm going to talk to publishers about your writing. Keep it up, I guarantee you I will get you a book deal! Not kidding, very serious here. I will be your publishing manager and your booking agent for all the gigs you will be speaking at when you are done with all the processes of making sure you are healthy.

Love you!
BIG sister Karen