Sunday, November 25, 2007

Busy Weekend

This has been a busy weekend.

On Friday we went to the mall and got lots of shopping done. I needed new clothes for the following reasons:

#1 I need clothes that will cover my port. This thing is really not attractive and you can really, really see it. It looks like a huge boil under my skin - yuck! And the worst part is I have to have this thing for an entire year. I'm thankful for it - it will make chemo suck less but...ugly!!

#2 I quit my job and will now be doing most things from my home. I wanted comfy, at home clothes. So I got three velour track suits. One pink (of course), one black and one brown. That should get me through. I also need clothes that aren't tight on the tummy. My tummy still hurts, a little and I think this will be ongoing.

#3 I need chemo clothes. Yuck, eh? chemo clothes, you ask? Yes, well, they have to be able to access the port and you do chemo in your street clothes so button down shirts are the answer. The problem? I'm not a button down shirt type of girl. I don't like them. My momma even bought me a couple on Friday morning and brought them over. First off they're white. I try not to wear white. I admit it, I'm a little bit of a, I hate to say the word slob....messy. I'm kinda messy. Put white on me? Dirty within minutes. So, thanks, momma but...they're gonna have to go back. So I found some t-shirts with buttons part way down and those'll have to do.

So...that was the shopping. Then on Saturday we went down to the beach and out for lunch. Everyone except Scott went so it was close to perfect. Jeff has his girlfriend, Chanel, with him so that was nice. We had to take two cars, now that we've gotten rid of the Suburban. On the way home, Andrew, Hilary (Andrew's sister visiting) and I stopped at the store. When we got home Jeff had shaved his head!! Another one!!!

Listen, I didn't ask these boys to do this. I love that they're doing it, though. I think I've figured out why. It must be horrible having this mother with cancer and not being able to protect her from it or do anything to help. So...I think, this is the only way to show their support. And...I so appreciate it!!! I really thought it would just remind me that I'm going to be bald within days but I just love it. We can be a hairless gang.

So, today we're going shopping for an Ipod. They frown upon using my cell phone at chemo - even if it's just for music because then? People can still call. And they did. I spent half of chemo on the phone. I don't think it went over well so I'm getting an early birthday present of an Ipod today. I'll spend the day downloading songs onto it. Thanks to all who sent me their lists of songs! I'm taking some from every single one!

Have a great day everyone - I gotta find a way to make these posts smaller. They're way too long!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

You are such a LIAR. I know, I know, you're "cancer girl" and I shouldn't be calling you a liar. But the fact that you said you did NOT ask us to shave our heads is a huge lie!! Not only did you ask us to a little while ago, but last weekend when I was home for my doctor's appointment, you spent the whole weekend nagging me and begging me to shave my head after I said that I wouldn't because Chanel didn't want me to. Then, right when you get home, you say to me: "You didn't have to do this. You know that, don't you?" Are you kidding me!? You spend a whole weekend nagging me about it after asking me to do it 2 weeks before that, and then when I finally give in and do it, you tell me I didn't have to do it and then say in your blog that you didn't ask us to. Seriously, you might wanna consider revising your story here.

Sandy C said...

I am not a liar. I did not ask you to do it. I said "you're not going to do it, for me?". I didn't say you had to. I might have mentioned that even though Chanel didn't want you to do it, you've had a mother longer than you've had a girlfriend. I might have said that. You look cute, though!! Admit it, you love it!! Well, I don't care if you love it - I love it and I am princess of this house and I buy your clothes and your car and...well, you get the picture. Blackmail. Out and out blackmail. Take notes, everyone. Blackmail works...along with a little whine!! ROFL!!

Judy said...

Do NOT make your posts smaller..I love them just the way they are!!!