Saturday, November 17, 2007

post chemo day 2

Not doing that great today. Started off ok - at 5 am. WTF?? (that stands for "what the fuck" for you people who don't have teenagers - LOL!!) I just couldn't sleep. Played on the computer, let the dog out, played on the computer, let the dog in, played on the computer, let the dog out....you can see where this is going, eh?

Anyway, around 11 am I started feeling sick. Andrew went grocery shopping. Then he and Kevin went to Dinner Done. Audra sent me a lovely gift bag - Thank you Audra!! You're so sweet! Now, Andrew's out picking Kevin up at the gym and is going to start dinner. I have some anti-nausea pills I can take so they're helping me. I just seem to get it in waves. Weird. But...I must say that if this is the worst of it? I'd be a very happy camper. We'll see. I'll keep updating. Hopefully all the updates won't be this boring.

Oh! I do have a funny story, actually. Andrew & Kev are at Dinner Done. There's a knock at the door. Three college students standing there. One of the boys is actually on his knees with his shoes sticking out and his arms in his shirt (pretending to be a little person). Now, Scott does this all the time. In fact, he's even gotten my poor mother to do it with him (now that's funny!). So...they're trying to sell magazines. I just say no, I have to get back inside. The one kid says, people make fun of me 'cause I'm so short. I say, Well then stand on your feet instead of your knees. They all look shocked and laugh and he stands up and I say, I have kids your age, I know that trick. Well, the smart alek leader says "wow, you must have had them when you were a kid 'cause you only look 33, now." Well, that was a very nice thing for him to say but I didn't get a magazine and sent them on their way.

That's all I can muster today, peeps. Have a great Saturday night!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire your fortitude - if some college kid came to my door with his knees in his shoes and the "everyone makes fun of me 'cause I'm short" thing, there's no WAY I could send him away without at least one little magazine sale! I'm a sucker for a funny guy - which pretty much explains my marriage..... :) Hope that crappy nausea just stays AWAY - I'll chase it away with my scary big sis energy from beautiful upstate NY! We were out hunting deer today (didn't see anything, by the way), so maybe I'll mentally point my rifle at the that little nausea-monster! You can count on me, babe.
Love ya loads. Kim xoxo

Anonymous said...

Kim, you are so cute! You don't have a scary bone in your body!! You are THE ANGEL of us all. lol The one who has a conscience! lol The GOOD CHILD. Sandy & me? Well, Sandy blackmailed me, and I ran around like a wild child. lol

Karen

Anonymous said...

Kim, you are so cute! You don't have a scary bone in your body!! You are THE ANGEL of us all. lol The one who has a conscience! lol The GOOD CHILD. Sandy & me? Well, Sandy blackmailed me, and I ran around like a wild child. lol

Karen

Anonymous said...

Kim, you are so cute! You don't have a scary bone in your body!! You are THE ANGEL of us all. lol The one who has a conscience! lol The GOOD CHILD. Sandy & me? Well, Sandy blackmailed me, and I ran around like a wild child. lol

Karen

Judy said...

I'm with Kim...total sucker for a funny guy! I would have bought one for sure...especially after the "you only look 33" comment! I'd have eaten it up! LOL!!

Sandy C said...

You girls are so easy!! In a good way, of course! ROFL!!