Tuesday, November 20, 2007

the middle of the night - again

It's the middle of the night, again. No bad dreams for me tonight, though! Yippee!!

I had read that insomnia was a side effect of the anti-nausea pills. I didn't believe it would happen to me, though. I mean, I love sleeping and have never, ever had a problem doing so. But, here I sit at my computer at 3:00 in the morning.

We had an exciting day, here, yesterday. My mom came over to make some stew for us (it's gone, already - OMG, it was the best stew I've ever, ever had!) and change out the bed linens for me so that Hilary would have clean sheets to sleep on. I had gone to my room to lay down for a bit (I get very tired very quickly right now) and I heard the front door open. I thought it was Andrew's voice coming in the door but it wasn't. It was Scott's!!! He came home from college early!! OMG!! I was so excited! I walked fast (no, people, I don't run) over to him and hugged him for a long long time. I love that child so much! He even missed one of his hockey buddy's birthday parties to come home early. Sweet!

Then..my mom knew we have an opossom problem in our attic. I had called for an estimate and was told with "our level of activity it would run over $1000 most likely $2,000". Well, I couldn't really "do" that right now and my mom and been talking to her neighbour who owns a pest control company and he came over this afternoon. For $300 he's going to rid our house of the opossoms!! And....as I type....we've already caught one - I heard it. See? insomnia's good for something, right? So nice to hear it get caught in a cage (live catch, it's called) rather than having sex, that's right - having sex, in my attic. Yes, I heard opossum sex and kept banging on the ceiling with Kevin's cane but they wouldn't stop. ewwwww.....

Then, Andrew and I went to his doctor's appointment. A follow up to his "chemo day 1" ER visit. He just has that thing where you get anxious in a "medical setting". Phew! So, for sure, no more chemo parties for him. Bummer.

Then, we ate all the stew and I was well enough to go on an appointment and sell some insurance.

So, how am I feeling? Everyone's asking, it's all the rage. LOL!! Well, nausea and tired. If I miss taking my anti-nausea pill, it's not a pretty picture (me, in bed, moaning and almost crying, Kevin rubbing my back so I won't barf). I know this because I did this yesterday morning before my mom got here. I was sure I was going to have a good day and not be nauseaus but my body decided otherwise. So, for now I'm just going to take the darned pills. I'm sure my family will be happy to hear that. Tired? Wow. Spaghetti legs if I stay up too long. That'll suck in the next few days with Thanksgiving to prepare.

I'm a control freak in the kitchen. I'll let other people do things but I do like to supervise. Closely. So, this'll be hard for me to let others prepare the meal. I'll probably get the turkey (26 lbs!) ready because I make an awesome turkey, if I do say so myself! (And..if anyone else does it you never know how much cross-contamination will happen - yes, I'm a freak about it and if you saw my messy house you'd think that was not true but...it is) The rest I will leave to others.

That's all for tonight. I'm going to play my pogo games.

G'night Everybody!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should try JT Blocks. I'm addicted. If I play a game before I start work, I'm SCREWED! I just can't STOP PLAYING! I... NNNNEEED ... JT BLOCKS!!!

http://uk.games.yahoo.com/online-games/puzzle/games_jtsblocks.html

And the cool thing about this site is it's in England, and it's a chat thingy too, so I can find out what happens on Coronation Street in 6 months! lol

Have you tried controlled breathing? You know, In through the nose, out through the mouth? Calming breathing? I doubt it will help you sleep because it's the drugs causing you to wake up, but it may help?

You have great kids, Sandy.

Love you HUGEST and sending the warm LOVE YOU vibes.

Karen xo

Judy said...

PLEASE, PLEASE...sign up on Facebook and play Scrabble with me!!

You, I repeat YOU, are the only person EVER that would have sex crazed oppossums (oppossi..pl?)gettin' their groove on in their attic!!! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.